The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgent help needed?

cainhead

Meant to be off to spa tomorrow and it's all gone wrong in the week before.

My rear passenger wheel is making a horrible grinding noise, but gets worse when turning right. It sounds like metal on metal and speeds up with speed. It's got a bit of a clicky metal sounds when going really slow. The wheel bearing was changed not to long ago and it's just had new brakes. It seems to get a littlle better when you pull the handbrake. Took the handbrake shoe off completely and still got the noise. Just spent 4 hours taking things on and off and still no change.

It could still be the bearing as we had trouble getting the spacers off last week and we had to bang a socket onto the nut pretty hard. But it's not the normal continuos noise you normally get from a knackered bearing.

Any thoughts and help very much appreciated as I really need to leave by Saturday.

Cheers

Ok found the problem. Its the plate that holds the studs and go's through the bearing. Its warn down about half a mm for exactly half the length of the bearing. I done need the whole hub but just the plate so not side specific. Does anyone in or within 2 hours of London have one I could come and collect either tonight or first thing. Im getting pretty desperate as my ferry is tomorrow.

Any help really appreciated

My number is 07769 727342 if you can help