The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone fitted super pro bushes help

chazuk

Got mine in with a bench vice mate.

Can't think of much in the line of advice except:

- make sure the lead into the bush housing has a decent chamfer & free of burrs

- keep the bush as straight as possible and compression should force the bush through

- plenty of lubrication

- once you get the bush to start you'll need a large socket or similar to support the housing & allow the lip of the bush to pass the edge of the housing & settle into its final position.

There is nothing delicate about the procedure to be honest but you'd need to be pretty careless to damage a bush so don't be afraid to put a bit of welly to it.

How do you guys get the old ones out?!

I got mine out with a vice & sockets of varying size, on some of them the rubber portion came out and them the outer wall had to be tackled separately.

In those cases the outer wall is weakened by scoring it with a hacksaw and then collapse the wall into the centre starting at the weakened spot using a small punch & hammer.

I have a press for fitting solid industrial tyres at my disposal but it is rated to 200 tons so an aluminium wishbone would be a bit delicate to press bushes into/out of.

Got mine in with a bench vice mate.

Can't think of much in the line of advice except:

- make sure the lead into the bush housing has a decent chamfer & free of burrs

- keep the bush as straight as possible and compression should force the bush through

- plenty of lubrication

- once you get the bush to start you'll need a large socket or similar to support the housing & allow the lip of the bush to pass the edge of the housing & settle into its final position.

There is nothing delicate about the procedure to be honest but you'd need to be pretty careless to damage a bush so don't be afraid to put a bit of welly to it.

Thanks for the advice mate ill give it another crack tomorrow .

Guest aspire
Tell me about it, they did put up a fight. I managed to burn most of the rubber out and then carefully cut with a hacksaw.

lol, never again! the only issue i have now, as everything is polybushed, i used the MVP d spec street set up, what with my coilovers there is no give at all, rock solid, ideal for track, but can be tiring on our roads seeing as the state they are in......