The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How you got your supra stories

Guest Knightrider1980

Guest Knightrider1980

This should be a fun memory lane thread :)

My Story :p

May 2007 I remember the week when I lost my beloved Mitsubishi FTO in a crash, i was depressed, sad and regretful so i decided to move on by getting a different car.

Went on auto trader and searched for Skyline's and Supra's, I found 2 cars in my price range of 3k, a Nissan Skyline GTST R33 near barry and a 1994 N/A Toyota Supra in swansea, at the time i went to barry to view the skyline and did not like what i saw to say the least, holes where the subs used to be, tip ex used to replace the lost colour on parts of the skirts, rust on the arches it looked better in the photo, then my depression kicked in again.

My cousin said you know what lets go see that supra in swansea today then, we drove all the way up there, i remember seeing the supra for the first time when it drove over the hill, and i thought wow that looks nice, went for a test drive it drove like a dream, told the seller i would think about it.

The next day i called the seller and went to pick it up with my mother, paid the seller in cash, signed the ownership papers then drove to the nearest petrol station to fill her up and began my first long drive back to cardiff, i remember coming off the slip road and booting it onto the motor way, started to smile again, one of my best memories with the supra and here I am 7 years later still with a supra :D

So thats my story, lets hear yours.

Bought a Supra from a complete tool who totally mis-sold it and his own driving abilities. His name was Stuart MacLean or something. Was later told by several people that he was full of it, so I decided I'd write-off his old car using the age-old method of mating frontal area of car with motorway crash barrier. I then continued my journey to the kart track in my mate's car, and managed to roll a kart on the same day.

Called Jurgen who imported a near-standard Supra for me, which was excellent. I then proceeded to take it to one of the worst tuning companies I've ever encountered - Toyota GT, JD Modified and 3S Service Centre (all the same outfit run by the same idiot) - and gave the owner James a load of money to ruin my car.

After I'd done that I took it to a few other tuners who also did their level best to ruin it (including a few that still trade on here to I won't mention their names) and finally found Lee P at SRD, which is where Supra ownership really took off for me. The rest is history.

Bought a Supra from a complete tool who totally mis-sold it and his own driving abilities. His name was Stuart MacLean or something. Was later told by several people that he was full of it, so I decided I'd write-off his old car using the age-old method of mating frontal area of car with motorway crash barrier. I then continued my journey to the kart track in my mate's car, and managed to roll a kart on the same day.

Called Jurgen who imported a near-standard Supra for me, which was excellent. I then proceeded to take it to one of the worst tuning companies I've ever encountered - Toyota GT, JD Modified and 3S Service Centre (all the same outfit run by the same idiot) - and gave the owner James a load of money to ruin my car.

After I'd done that I took it to a few other tuners who also did their level best to ruin it (including a few that still trade on here to I won't mention their names) and finally found Lee P at SRD, which is where Supra ownership really took off for me. The rest is history.

That's a bit worrying as there's not that many tuners on here.

I found my first UK mkiv in a Toyota showroom and thought oooooh thats nice and bought

it there and then.

The second was on autotrader up in Doncaster and was very cheap so i bought it blind

and paid for it on my credit card, i sent a mate up to collect it on his recovery wagon

the next day.

Had Mr2s since passing when I was 17 and when I had just turned 18 I got my first Mr2 Turbo and was happily driving through my home town when this huge looking car approached on the opposite side of the road flashing at me, I turned around and pulled into a layby behind the car instantly recognising it was a Supra and my 17 year old mate got out of it with a smug grin I had never seen one of these in person before so went to investigate it was a silver facelift N/A with Freshly recovered Leather seats I fell in love with it and went straight home and searched for supras amazed at how cheap N/A Supras were I swapped my MR2 Turbo for one a week later....

I crashed my lovely mk3 golf cabriolet I to a lamp post :(

Only doing 5 mph in a car park, spent loads on that car.

Sold a house so had a few grand to spend. Spent ages looking at cars, wasn't sure what to get.

Then Steve (suprasteveo) threw me his keys and we went for a spin.

Once on the ring road he told me to boot it and my grin was so huge it could be seen from space.

Came on here and bought one :)

Loved every minute of it

I was just looking for an upgrade to my 1.9TDi mk5 Golf and was mainly looking at Imprezas. After doing some insurance quotes, a UK spec Supra came up with the cheapest quote. After being told on here I should look at getting a UK spec I was contacted by Simon (bignum) saying his UK TT6 that he owned for 9 years was being converted back from single turbo to (almost) stock TT and was being put up for sale. The best thing is that he lives 10 mins down the road and the car was stored at a lock up a lot closer than that :D.

Saw the car a couple of times and went through all the paperwork, then bought the car at the start of 2010 and still love it as much now :)

To be honest it's fastcars fault he let me have a drive in his tt scared myself stupid and I knew na woz the future for me searched hi and low found a very much loved 93 sz with all the paperwork and low miles I am a very happy supra owner :D

To be honest it's fastcars fault he let me have a drive in his tt scared myself stupid and I knew na woz the future for me searched hi and low found a very much loved 93 sz with all the paperwork and low miles I am a very happy supra owner :D

I knew I would get the blam:D

Well I was looking for a supra for a while and asked a company on any remember the name of to get me one. As they were looking in Japan for me I figured out how to import one myself and decided to do that instead and save myself a packet which I did. After searching for a few weeks I found a very clean 93 TT6 with 33k miles and full service history from Mr T. I arrived on my doorstep the day after boxing day of 2006. The igniter pack had failed so wouldn't start but as soon as I sat in it I had a massive smile and new it was the car for me:love::love::love:

cool stories :)

the short of my story is I'd sprinted / tracked a 2.0 FWD, 1.0 FWD and it was time for the next step. Looking at toyotas that fitted the RWD bill supras were the obvious choice, and as much as i'd have loved a mk2 and upgraded it, it was just finacially more sense to get a mk4 NA. Couple of weeks later I found a manual for sale and went for a look whilst visiting family, and as it was so straight it was mine within a week. It was a bit crowded as I still had my '99 yaris and '79 celica, but it was great to have 3 sets of keys to choose from every morning for the couple of years it lasted :lol:

I brought my NA to cheer me up as at £2700 and 45k miles it was too good to miss....... now I am retardedly depressed and crave/want/need more power while operating on a tramps budget :D

TT bpu levels is the aim and I will be a happy chap if I get to that point :)

I am interested in Gaz's trader views though, feel free to pm me.

Had a mk3 Astra show car with a calibra c20let turbo engine fitted that always went wrong

A friend of a friend worked for Toyota and told me to get an na supra for pure reliability, looked at singles and twins but chose the na as reliability is simply top of my list.... I've been there done that with boost issues etc etc etc.

Purchaced my na, broke the Astra for parts and in 8 years of supra ownership it's gone from a track car to a show car with out a singe issue.

Slight lie as I've blew 3 diff but I'm still more than happy with that.

I bought my first Supra in 2006 to celebrate my 40th birthday. I viewed two white ones on the same day, the first was a mess with shopping lists on the doors, rusting sills and an over boost problem. The second was near mint and I bought it without even driving it:D. I spotted my current Supra this year on a dealer`s website in Japan and asked Jurgen what he thought of it. Jurgen`s man in Japan confirmed the condition and the car was purchased a day or two later. I have now had the car a few months and hope that I can celebrate my 50th with birthday with it:d

Started looking at fast cars to replace my ZR which was dying looked at evo's, imprezas, s14 etc never even thought of a supra until I happened to see a UK spec one that said it was cheap to insure. I gave it a whirl and it was about half what I had been quoted on anything else and it looked so much better. Went to see my uncle and as luck would have it there was a car in bedford for sale cheap so I took a look and it was a complete rust bucket of a wreck with boost issues.

I continued on to my uncles and was browsing piston heads when I noticed a car not 10 minutes from his house in Hounslow so I thought what the hell gave the guy a ring and popped round. I knew before I even got out of the car it was the one I'd been looking for. Guy took me for a short blast down the street then spent the next 3 hours going over the paper work he had for the car and why he was selling after only owning for six months.

His wife had become very ill and he had to jack in his job and became her full timer carer and had no time to use the supra he'd only done a few thousand miles in her and he was gutted. This wasn't his first Supra and he spoke about the car with a real passion and that sold it for me, truly genuine guy and I felt bad for taking it off his hands. Left him with a deposit same day and came back to pick it up a week later, don't regret it one bit best car I've ever owned.

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)