The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Straight cut gears?

calebharry

Hello again guys...

Im sure you all know that whining noise you get from a supercharger? e.g:

^That sais its a turbo XR6, but that definately sounds like a supercharger, am i not right?

Anyways, personally, i think that noise is pretty damn sexy, so I was gonna Twincharge my supra when i get it (this idea was a long time ago)

But there are no bolt-on S/C kits for the supra, and ones that were compatible came from some types of Kompressor Merc's, so i got rid of that idea, and decided to just go Twin-Turbo, but i still wanted the whining noise...

I heard that you can get that whine from over-tightning your belts, but that puts stress on your bearings, engine parts, and the belts themselfs (am i correct?)

So that idea went outside the window as well, then i remembered a couple months ago i saw a video of a 1300hp Supra with a red leather interior (and the fastest 2-3 shift ever) and people on that video were talking about 'Straight Cut Gears' and whining noises...

Does anyone know where to get straight cut gears? And can you use your Getrag box, and just get the gears cut straight, or is it a whole new setup? And can they handle 1200WHP+ ?

Thanks,

Caleb

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well thanks for the tips guys! Definitely helps me... And what is up with you guys and pubes? What the fluff does that have to do with anything? Its like me saying, just because your 35 and you have grey hair, you dont deserve the respect everyone else gets... Most 35yr olds dont have grey hair, most 15 year olds have pubes, SO WHAT??? Do i not hear everyday people saying 'Its not whats on the outside that counts, its what on the inside' Well apparently that isnt true... And to be honest:

1. I dont give a fluff if you guys think i have pubes or not, IT DOESENT MATTER...

2. If you guys like 'Style, Speed, Originality, and to not be noticed' Thats fine, i can accept that...

3. It (is going to be) my car! I want it to be extremely fast, extremely loud, i want everyone to notice it, i want it to look and sound like a fully spec'd out race car, ITS MY CHOICE

4. Im 15, you all know this and make fun of me (for some reason?), just because im 15 means that im not as good as you or that im not as important as you... I can tell you one thing, most companies dont hire 'old dudes who dont know fluff about computers' My garage is FILLED with computers, i can take one apart in 5 minutes and rebuild it within 30 with all new parts, windows 7 ultimate loaded on, you know what? I BET YOU CANT... Thats all people care about these days, noone cares if your a historian and you know a lot about the American revolution or whatever, sure, its cool, but these days, its not going to get you very far in life...

5. You guys think just because im 15 i dont know shit about mechanics, about 2 months ago i got a 110cc Mini Chopper off of my neighbor, he had NEVER seen it going, and neither had the owner before him, they 'couldnt be bothered'... I bought it for $50 and spent HOURS in my garage working on it, GUESS WHAT? Its working now, surprise surprise, personally i think it was easy as hell, but thats just me... My flatmate gave me a 250cc 2-stroke Fantic 303 6-speed trial bike, 50cc Suzuki Hi-R scooter, 31cc engine with clutch, 25cc engine with clutch... Ive got the 31cc engine going, and the scooter is very close to going (doesent idle)

6. I actually own a car now! Even tho i dont have a licence... Its a 1964 Austin Cambridge, 1.6Ltr straight 4, with a 4-Speed manual, the dude i got it off was going to take it to the wreckers, but he offered it to me, of course i said yes... So on Sunday, im going back up to the car (already been there once) to try to get it going, Its been sitting there for 5 years, the brakes are jammed, theyre stuck ON so it doesent move at the moment, but apart from that its fine, the engine turns over beautifully, but wont start... As with the 50cc scooter, which had been sitting there for 2 years, the petrol had turned into water, not drinkable obviously, but it doesent burn, so i emptied it out and put fresh fuel into the tank and it worked! Im pretty sure its the same case with the Austin, so in 3 days we will see (ill link in a video for you if you want, tell me)

7. I thought we sorted this out? I apologized for my first posts and you guys all seemed cool with it, so whats happened now? Have i done something wrong? All i did was tell you guys something, ASKING FOR YOUR HELP AND OPINIONS, and an opinion does not mean 'here we go again' or being dickheads saying 'lets wait till he gets pubes' IF IT BOTHERES YOU SO MUCH, IVE GOT FLUFFING PUBES, THERE, MAKES IT ALL BETTER DOESENT IT?

8. I didnt think that Supra drivers were dickheads, i thought they would be awesome, but no, just the same as S14 and Cefiro drivers, think theyre the fluff and are better than everyone else

9. If you really dont like me, IVE GOT AN IDEA, HOW ABOUT YOU ACTUALLY TELL ME... Ask me to fluff off not just give me fluff, to be honest i cant tell weather you guys are just being fluffheads, or actually want me to fluff off?

10. Im done talking, ive got so much more to say, but my wrists hurt, im tired, my back hurts, and im hungry and hot... So im off to do some more research about the Supra, Look at more videos, look at more parts, and do what i want to do...

I dont really know what else to say, im guessing you guys dont want me to say anything else, well fine, whatever, ill see you later...

Edited by Tyson
Swearing (see edit history)

Ok well thanks for the tips guys! Definitely helps me... And what is up with you guys and pubes? What the fluff does that have to do with anything? Its like me saying, just because your 35 and you have grey hair, you dont deserve the respect everyone else gets... Most 35yr olds dont have grey hair, most 15 year olds have pubes, SO WHAT??? Do i not hear everyday people saying 'Its not whats on the outside that counts, its what on the inside' Well apparently that isnt true... And to be honest:

1. I dont give a fluff if you guys think i have pubes or not, IT DOESENT MATTER...

2. If you guys like 'Style, Speed, Originality, and to not be noticed' Thats fine, i can accept that...

3. It (is going to be) my car! I want it to be extremely fast, extremely loud, i want everyone to notice it, i want it to look and sound like a fully spec'd out race car, ITS MY CHOICE

4. Im 15, you all know this and make fun of me (for some reason?), just because im 15 means that im not as good as you or that im not as important as you... I can tell you one thing, most companies dont hire 'old dudes who dont know fluff about computers' My garage is FILLED with computers, i can take one apart in 5 minutes and rebuild it within 30 with all new parts, windows 7 ultimate loaded on, you know what? I BET YOU CANT... Thats all people care about these days, noone cares if your a historian and you know a lot about the American revolution or whatever, sure, its cool, but these days, its not going to get you very far in life...

5. You guys think just because im 15 i dont know shit about mechanics, about 2 months ago i got a 110cc Mini Chopper off of my neighbor, he had NEVER seen it going, and neither had the owner before him, they 'couldnt be bothered'... I bought it for $50 and spent HOURS in my garage working on it, GUESS WHAT? Its working now, surprise surprise, personally i think it was easy as hell, but thats just me... My flatmate gave me a 250cc 2-stroke Fantic 303 6-speed trial bike, 50cc Suzuki Hi-R scooter, 31cc engine with clutch, 25cc engine with clutch... Ive got the 31cc engine going, and the scooter is very close to going (doesent idle)

6. I actually own a car now! Even tho i dont have a licence... Its a 1964 Austin Cambridge, 1.6Ltr straight 4, with a 4-Speed manual, the dude i got it off was going to take it to the wreckers, but he offered it to me, of course i said yes... So on Sunday, im going back up to the car (already been there once) to try to get it going, Its been sitting there for 5 years, the brakes are jammed, theyre stuck ON so it doesent move at the moment, but apart from that its fine, the engine turns over beautifully, but wont start... As with the 50cc scooter, which had been sitting there for 2 years, the petrol had turned into water, not drinkable obviously, but it doesent burn, so i emptied it out and put fresh fuel into the tank and it worked! Im pretty sure its the same case with the Austin, so in 3 days we will see (ill link in a video for you if you want, tell me)

7. I thought we sorted this out? I apologized for my first posts and you guys all seemed cool with it, so whats happened now? Have i done something wrong? All i did was tell you guys something, ASKING FOR YOUR HELP AND OPINIONS, and an opinion does not mean 'here we go again' or being dickheads saying 'lets wait till he gets pubes' IF IT BOTHERES YOU SO MUCH, IVE GOT FLUFFING PUBES, THERE, MAKES IT ALL BETTER DOESENT IT?

8. I didnt think that Supra drivers were dickheads, i thought they would be awesome, but no, just the same as S14 and Cefiro drivers, think theyre the fluff and are better than everyone else

9. If you really dont like me, IVE GOT AN IDEA, HOW ABOUT YOU ACTUALLY TELL ME... Ask me to fluff off not just give me fluff, to be honest i cant tell weather you guys are just being fluffheads, or actually want me to fluff off?

10. Im done talking, ive got so much more to say, but my wrists hurt, im tired, my back hurts, and im hungry and hot... So im off to do some more research about the Supra, Look at more videos, look at more parts, and do what i want to do...

I dont really know what else to say, im guessing you guys dont want me to say anything else, well fine, whatever, ill see you later...

and...... breath!

Are you on your man period?

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)