The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thermal image supra pics

Marcus GTE

So after being inspired by the new thermal image cameras that are used in F1, I thought it would be cool to take some of the supra seeing as I got my hands on one. Was origionally looking to see how hot the bumper round the exhaust was getting as it's been getting a bit of a roasting after the decat, but got carried away and took unrelated pics.

This was after a 15 min drive to work and 5-10 min cool down.

Quite suprised how hot the power steering pipes are at the front of the car, cool or should I say hot pictures

I know, I was surprised at how hot the oil cooler (is that what it is?) on the right of pic 5 is but I guess it's the fluids that heat up quick to do their job, so it's normal.

cool

i may have a go at this with my £6000 thurmo camera for work

Its also colour like this sample

That's more like the actual one used in F1, that would be cool.

You know you can connect that camera up to a laptop or PC and get the pics off it! Exactly the same camera we have in the fire brigade

Cool, I saw it had a pic capture button on it but it was an opertunistic shot of it as I had to shoot them while doing the J4 and the car was still warm ;)

Police Camera Action - Here I come :D

Just thought of some amazing getaway techniques !!

That would be amazing if human eyeballs didn't see through glass lol

Could always be useful to know I guess... Hiding from a predator etc... :thumbs: