The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi, new member looking to buy

Guest Dgbviper

Guest Dgbviper

Hi there,

Thought I would register up on here and say hello.

I have wanted a Supra for a very long time; and actually pretty gutted that the JM Imports red aerotop sold in under 24hrs as I was making some enquiries on that one with view to purchase as it ticked a number of boxes/wants I have in a Supra!

Being a bit of a dreamer, but in an ideal world the 1A1 is top of the list but as it is so rare it will also command a premium.

Looking at TT cars, aerotop would be ace, again facelift with perhaps vvti/triptronic would be great - not interested in the n/a model though.

Really has to be red, blue, green, 1A1 of course. Not sure on black, definitely not white or silver. I'm not picky - honest :taped:

Currently drive a slightly modified Celica GT-Four ST205 in the same toyota 3L2 red:

Suffice to say the difference in performance will be vast, they each have their strengths and my Celica is actually a daily driver but setup for trackdays handling wise, etc. The 4wd grip is incredible, in contrast the Supra will be my first RWD which is rather nervewracking to say the least as I'd hate for anything to happen to a car i've been dreaming about for so long!

Been having a browse through the classified ads, some nice examples sold recently at very good prices which is promising

Probably missed out some stuff, but Hello!

Hope to find the right car soon, and see you all at a meet :)

Welcome mate. Your GT-Four looks awesome. Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you're after, it's worth holding out until you find the one that's perfect for you. Seen a few 1A1 cars come up for sale, but you're right, they're quite rare.

Jurgen at JM Imports should be able to help source you something if you drop him a PM.

Guest Dgbviper
Welcome, nice st205 :) my brother has one and I used to have an st202, they are brilliant cars but if you haven't driven a tt supra yet you are in for a treat :)

Aye, never driven or been in a TT sadly. Don't know anybody with one haha! Only been in the N/a

Guest Dgbviper
Welcome. NA's can be a lot of fun but turbos are where the adrenaline is.

Absolutely, I've always wanted a Supra but I am also looking for a power gain or at least similar levels, not a drop. Keeping in the boost crowd

Guest Dgbviper
TT BPU should more than suffice :thumbs:

Yeah a BPU is what I had in mind if the one I buy hasn't already had it done, amongst other bits. Looking forward to a change of car!

Guest Dgbviper

Ahhhh you must be "the one" :cool:

Very jealous of you haha.

Saw the cars pics on the JM Imports page and you also passed me driving it home! It's awesome

The dark green is fantastic but I don't ever remember seeing one for sale anytime i've looked around?

:welcome: and glad to see another potential Scottish owner! You don't want a hideous green colour supra :sly:

Welcome mate! Everyone seems to want a 1A1 car these days! It is a great choice but I don't want them getting too common!lol!;)

Scotland needs a green Supra...

It WILL have a green one (again) someday..... And it will be me! :p:p

Ahhhh you must be "the one" :cool:

Very jealous of you haha.

Saw the cars pics on the JM Imports page and you also passed me driving it home! It's awesome

The dark green is fantastic but I don't ever remember seeing one for sale anytime i've looked around?

The one! Haha!:cool:

Cheers buddy! Love my 1A1! Where are you from if you seen me driving!?

- - - Updated - - -

Who has a green one Sunny!?

Guest Dgbviper
The one! Haha!:cool:

Cheers buddy! Love my 1A1! Where are you from if you seen me driving!?

I'm in North Lanarkshire, but what I meant was I saw you convoy back up on the M6/M74 when you must've picked up the car from JM ;)

Guest Dgbviper

Yes I have actually been looking at it, but there is a distinct lack of information and it looked suspiciously cheap?

It is incredibly standard and looks great, I need to do more enquiries - Do you know the seller Scooter or just noticed it? I am sorely tempted as it leaves cash spare for servicing, etc