The mkiv Supra Owners Club

General question about aftermarket ECU's

DodgyRog

I have done a little search, but you can't use ECU as a search word, which makes it difficult

So what are the advantages with using an after market ECU on a BPU Supra

I take it the ECU will replace the Boost controller and FCD, is there anything else

Are there any advantages at BPU or is it really for the Single and big twin set ups

Sorry, but my knowledge is limited now I am in Boost land, I feel like a Noob :D

Now, thing is to define after market, they fall into different brackets, stand alones like the Syvecs, piggybacks like the Emanage or plug and play like a MiNES.

None of them replace the boost controller and all of them remove the fuel cut so no need for an FCD.

Advantages are various, plug and play ones have timing and fuelling tweaks, speed limit removal and rev limit increases, the rest have to be mapped so the tuner can put in pretty much what he/you want.

A few on here have Syvecs powered BPU cars, have a read, see what they say :)

Guest Budz86

It can completely transform the car and iron out a few trouble spots in the fueling, especially the lean spot when the boost switches from tubby 1 to 2.

Also, I view my syvecs as an investment due to the shear number of things it can monitor as if it detects the slightest abnormality, it warns me or drops it into limp mode. Probably saved me a fair bit of money on more than one occasion!