The mkiv Supra Owners Club

!!! DragonCol 2013 "Official Routes and Booking"!!!

SPG

Hi Everyone,

I am proud to announce that DragonCol 2013 is officially ready for everyone wishing to attend, to book. The date chosen for this great event will be Friday the 25th & Saturday the 26th of October.

This event has been organised by a few longstanding club members who have clubbed together with me to make this event happen. I would not have been able to make all these arrangements without them. So a big thanks to Tony tt, Ross C, Scott M and Ian W

So without further ado, here are those details :D.

Friday 25th October

This will be the first day of the Journey for all those members travelling up from South of the border, with the focus on arranging a place to rest after a long drive and a location suitable to set off from in the morning, the decision was made that the Travelodge at Braehead would be the ideal location. The details of the Travelodge can be found in the link provided below.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/369/Glasgow-Braehead-hotel/hotel-details

Parking for the hotel was a key priority also, so this hotel with its 99 free of charge parking facilities was an easy choice. Costing for the Travelodge are coming in at around £46 which in Scotland is based on the room, and not per/person.

Saturday 26th October

This will be the main day for the trip with regards to activities, leaving from the Travelodge at Braehead gives us a good starting point for the route we have planned.

We Shall be setting off from the Hotel at 9.00 - 9.30am

The Route

This route has been kindly put together by TonyTT. Tony has a lot of experience on these sorts of group road trips and has been on this route many times before, on either his Motorbike or in his Supra. The route will give us a lot of great scenery to digest but also will expose us to some of the most exciting roads south of the Highlands.

Here is the plotted route on Google maps to show you the entire route we have devised, I will ask JB how to create a TomTom file so that this can be downloaded for everyone.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Renfrew+PA4+8ZL&daddr=A82+to:Glencoe+and+Dalness,+Ballachulish+to:Kentallen+PA38+4BY+to:A85+to:A819+to:Rest+And+Be+Thankful,+at+Lochgoil+Road+End+on+A83+to:G82+2QU&hl=en&ll=55.896876,-3.55957&spn=2.088329,6.734619&sll=55.856817,-4.284668&sspn=2.090484,6.734619&geocode=FYalVAMdiUC9_ykZJNXqP0-ISDGQda85raJ7lw%3BFSIdXQMdfyq4_w%3BFQa8YAMdeHSy_yHcR2IJrRPW9SmbrnIMwDCJSDHcR2IJrRPW9Q%3BFR_WYAMd2hSw_ynJvo1Gy0mJSDH2WzPDQlfO2Q%3BFcK0XAMdpHOz_w%3BFWYaWgMd24Cy_w%3BFUXyWQMdQ-S1_ynDX1p9lgWJSDHZRLL1X1Iagg%3BFaCiVQMdKq-6_ylHpXVOglKISDGUfPxygF4NOA&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

Hotel

http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/DUMBAR/dumbarton/loch-lomond

This Hotel is located in the Town of Dumbarton, a town known for its generosity and its ability to produce World Class panel beaters (;)). The Premier Inn has free parking for guests and has an adjoining Brewers Fayre, ideal for food & drinks after an epic journey.

Rooms are very much still available to book, the current rate for the Saturday comes in at £60.

Notes of Interest

- I have been advised by Tony that the route should take a full tank of petrol to complete so we should be able to fill up in the morning with V-Power etc, and then not need to worry about fuel at the smaller filling stations on the route.

- Lunch will be available at point “D” on the map, there is a nice Hotel/Restaurant looking out to the Sea. Lunch will be approximately 1pm.

- There will be a few very well known photo-stops along the route so please bring along any Video/Photography equipment as you might just get a Calendar shot in the process.

- We will be stopping at point “G” to pay our respects to “CJ” at which point we will have a Minutes silence for a great member followed by some Exhaust Orchestra.

- In order to keep everyone together (depending on attendance) we shall have a few members leading groups of 5 cars at a time, staying mostly in a convoy with the others but falling back should anyone stray from the flock.

Any other Questions then please feel free to ask in this thread, This will be one of those trips that you will not be forgetting for a long time, and it should give our Supra’s to have a well deserved run before the winter sets in.

Gone but not Forgotten

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one bud.

No worries, it's in the diary now, I'm 95% certain I'll be able to make it. I never met CJ, but had a couple of nice PM's from him, enough to get the feeling he was a solid bloke, so I'm happy to be involved in an event that celebrates him as a member.

The great roads are a bonus!