The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would you do?

Vicky

Morning peeps,

I've wanted another supra since selling my last a couple of years ago, I'm now getting close to having the money to get one.

I'm quite picky about the one I want, must be a manual genuine twin turbo not an na/tt and either msb or white.

I know I'll struggle to find the right one in this country (in my budget).

I'm just after opinions as to what you would do, either -

Buy one that may need a bit of work, respray ect a bit cheaper, I can do the work over the next few months or get one imported that needs less done to make it how I want but will probably still need something.

There's pros and cons to each.

Really comes down to what you want.

A car cheaper will require more money. This also requires effort, but could end up costing the same amount in the long run as a mint condition more expensive example.

I would save to what you want. Never settle, because after spending on a lower model or cheaper car, you would end up getting your dream motor anyway.

Just keep saving :)

Speak to Jurgen, but also keep an eye out, if the right car comes along then buy it

If you have the patience, wait for the best condition you can afford and as close to the spec you want, but be realistic

If you are really after an MSB Vicky, it will be a case of just getting a car as close as possible to your needs, as rarity of the colour gives you very little choice

To be honest I would import one as they are generally in much better condition then the ones that have been in this country for a while and there is a saving to be made. If you import one yourself you could get a great example for your 8K budget. I imported mine about 5-6 years ago for just over 8K and was in pristien condition also imported a few other tasty examples. If you want to go that route then give me a PM and I will point you in the direction of a good export company that I used and will help you the best they can. They will also arrange all the shipping to get the car into the country and if you want to your doorstep. They also arrange to have a company over here to sort out all the customs work as well to make it hassle free.