The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VAT, Import duty on parts from the states?

fastcar

Guest supramad77

About 20% from my experience . Vat @17.5 and 2.5 %import tax. Insurance by value will hurt you further is its a high end item. I normally devalue my items as much as I can as the 20% is charged on box value.

Guest MACA33
About 20% from my experience . Vat @17.5 and 2.5 %import tax. Insurance by value will hurt you further is its a high end item. I normally devalue my items as much as I can as the 20% is charged on box value.
Vat is 20% now

i very nearly got spanked by inland revenue when i had my racing hart alloys sent over from the US i had to then prove that i paid £1000 in total rather than £1000 per alloy its just one of those things that if i had of said i paid $50 and could prove it everything would of been ok :rolleyes: tax kinda sucks and the alloys had already had tax paid on them when they were bought in the states anyway dont really see why i had to pay tax on something second hand, i paid it anyway just to get my wheels and had about £600 sent back to me from inland :D