The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel injection cleaner is it any good???

Axl

Hi everyone my na manual has shocking fuel consumption it uses the same as my mates tt with bpu I'm gonna clean the O2 sensors as I've read that this helps but I woz wondering would it help to put a cleaner through it as well?

Has anyone tried this? Any thoughts would be much appreciated thanks

^ I also refurbished all 4 j-spec calipers pistons chris Wilson seals etc and fitted braided good ridge lines it had no effect on fuel economy I would say n/a supras are not as good as there TT counterparts if driven easy in fact there is a thread on here that states as much but ofcourse at wot the TT will be worse...

I did have a issue with my mr2 brakes binding so replaced all of them which made a huge difference to fuel economy remember these cars are clocking on now and should really be having allot of major parts replaced or checked

:)

Well its worth checking as most that aren't rebuilt by now are on the verge of failing if not already.

Easy enough to check just like tyre pressures, i like to start with the easy fix first, just hold the back of

your hand close to the wheel near each caliper without touching it and see if any are hotter than the

others

I've never had an NA but my BPU TT if i drove fairly sensibly was great on fuel and do

25 mpg no problem.

If i really drove in fuel saving mode it would do 30 mpg but not with flat tyres or

sticking calipers which i suffered once when a rear seized.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Hi everyone my na manual has shocking fuel consumption it uses the same as my mates tt with bpu I'm gonna clean the O2 sensors as I've read that this helps but I woz wondering would it help to put a cleaner through it as well?

Has anyone tried this? Any thoughts would be much appreciated thanks

To be honest mate when driving normally the TT dosent use much more fuel then the NA it's only when you start to give it what it's got its starts draining the tank. It's like I said when we went on a family holiday and drove across France my dads 2.2 omega used 3 tanks of fuel driving at 90-100mph and my TT used 3.5 tanks driving at 120-130mph as I didn't notice the posted limit was in kilometres :innocent:. That was also giving a few hard pulls against an R6 crotch rocket which was a lot of fun but that's another story

some of them fuel cleaners on the market are actually good, saw an episode of wheeler dealers recently and they added some to a vw corrado and did a before and after dyno run (a week after the fuel cleaner was added to a full tank) and they saw an increase of 8bhp iirc

Imo if it genuinely works then spending a few quid on a bottle of this is surely worth it