The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Value of a TRD 3000 GT kitted Supe

albundy68

I could do with a bit of help from some 'like minded enthusiasts' :)

Looking to agree an agreed value with Sky, I wont mention any values but I will say that Sky have valued my Supe at 33% less than the agreed value last year, hence the lack of agreement, :(

I would like an idea of approximately what you think a 'like minded enthusiast' might pay?

She's a 1997 P Facelift TT Auto, Full Service History, Very low mileage of 45,000 miles (I have owned for past 10 years and have only done 10k miles, garaged and had her serviced every year)

Kit is a TRD 3000 GT wide arch full bodykit from the original mold, fitted by John (Dude) and he did a good job

Paint is a purple-green flip (not everyone's cup of tea), but a good job

Wheels are Work Meister S1 3P deep dish with 315's on back (still got receipt for £3700) zero scuffs

Mechanically kept quite standard

JIC adjustable coilovers

UK brakes front/rear

RLTC

GREDDY 3 row FMIC

Fluidyne Radiator

Cusco Strut Braces Front and Rear

Apexi Exhaust

Interior

Original TRD Steering Wheel

Custom TRD dials

Bit of chrome on dials/knobs/gear stick/handbrake

Otherwise as Mr T intended.

Last similar Supe I know of that sold was Dunk's TRD 3000GT earlier this year which went for £10K, it was a 93 auto and had 100k on clock i think, but not sure of rest of spec, does anyone have a link i cant find it?

There's a couple of TRD kitted supes for sale out there, but more heavily modified

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?291007-TRD3000gt-single-6-speed-Aerotop

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?295482-White-big-single-6-speed-TRD-Widebody-Aerotop

And there's a couple of sub 60K mileage supes on Autotrader but not TRD wideboys

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201306267503443/sort/default/usedcars/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/model/supra/make/toyota/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/postcode/rh15at/radius/1501?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201308308548110/sort/default/usedcars/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/model/supra/make/toyota/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/postcode/rh15at/radius/1501?logcode=p

If anyone knows of any low mileage TRD 3000GTs for sale could they post a link here, and any opinion’s on value would also be welcome. Ta!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The agreed value of mine with Sky is £8k.

1993 NA-TT 5 speed BPU, with a couple of rare/expensive bits of body work (Border front wider wings, APR GT500 wing), Top Secret bumper, trial rear, C-West skirts, blended body work, new paint 18 months ago.

Just as an example.

So if mine is £8k agreed value, I would expect yours to be around £12-15k (ballpark)

My car was a UK spec auto 94 L reg with 136,000 on the clock and valued at £13k

on the insurance.

Mine sold for £10k in April and had shed loads of receipts & history for everything ever done to the car

from day 1

thanks for the replies James and Listy, any and all other opinions welcome (apart from "50p because I don't like the paint") :)

(also thanks Dunk), was your agreed value with Sky? Has the classified ad you had up gone? as i think that would really help