The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winters coming

MarcusEJ

Didn't Stonkin say that you are better off not using a car cover to keep the paint in better order?

It depends on the cover. If it's lined, they tend to be ok. If it's not, then you get plastic flapping around in the wind, making surface scratches. Hard to see unless you are looking for them though.

Didn't Stonkin say that you are better off not using a car cover to keep the paint in better order?

graham1984 waaaaaaaaaaa lol

its going to sadly be outside for winter.. so what's this about better for it not to be covered?

My Stormforce has not been used for nearly 12 months due to some odd things happening on my paint. I am just about to spend some serious money getting it sorted.

Whether it is the cover or not remains to be seen.

Another here for not using a cover, my stormforce rubbed on the wings and marked the paintwork. It buffed out but would eventually work it's way through the lacquer so I don't bother anymore. I just make sure I protect the paintwork by claying, polishing and waxing it so all the crap sits on top of the wax.

Another here for not using a cover, my stormforce rubbed on the wings and marked the paintwork. It buffed out but would eventually work it's way through the lacquer so I don't bother anymore. I just make sure I protect the paintwork by claying, polishing and waxing it so all the crap sits on top of the wax.

Yea, car covers can do more harm than good

I agree on not using a cover, caused damage to my last cars paint, real pain in windy weather as well

This..!!

I thought I was doing the right thing by the car but I have since changed my mind. Generally the car has been ok but I am suspicious about the condensation that seems to get trapped under there. I also have some small cracks in the paint on the roof that I can't understand how it has happened. I have a quote for £550 to get the car sorted. A lot dearer than the car cover.

I'd avoid a cover, space to build a car port? Won't cost much and will keep the bad weather away from the car.

Out of interest, if you already have a side and back area of fencing, how much would it cost to put a car port/lean to against it for some dry storeage mate

Cover damaged my paint work so no cover for me, it's been garaged for a few years before last winter when i decided a cover would be better giving me use of the garage instead of the car being parked in it lol

Bad idea!!!!!

This year its out side and ready to use, bring on them cold mornings