The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dunk run Fly BHP to WHP

fastcar

Hi peeps

Seeing I was at Japfest this Sunday and there was a dyno there I thought i would see how much I was running at BPU. I was impressed at the results of 467BHP at the fly but have been wondering what I would be running at the wheels. So wanted to know what sort of percentage of power does the transmission take away from that?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi peeps

Seeing I was at Japfest this Sunday and there was a dyno there I thought i would see how much I was running at BPU. I was impressed at the results of 467BHP at the fly but have been wondering what I would be running at the wheels. So wanted to know what sort of percentage of power does the transmission take away from that?

I had a run too and got a print out of my wheel horse power, they were using a 12% correction

Far too high for a BPU Supra. I would expect 400fwhp maximum if you are running stock injectors etc and 1.2 bar.

Mine range 335rwhp at 1 bar and that was on hybrids at Dynodaze. Ignore Fwhp and get it on a PROPER dyno.

Transmission losses max 12% manual although I would say that's high judging by what I've read, 10% more norm.

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Enlighten us? :)

I'm perfectly capable of disbelieving the result without the need for the rest of the forum to tell me its not worth the paper its written on...... that being said, it came out at at 450whp.... at 17psi on 440s.....

Far too high for a BPU Supra. I would expect 400fwhp maximum if you are running stock injectors etc and 1.2 bar.

Mine range 335rwhp at 1 bar and that was on hybrids at Dynodaze. Ignore Fwhp and get it on a PROPER dyno.

Transmission losses max 12% manual although I would say that's high judging by what I've read, 10% more norm.

Thats the correction factor they were using mate, I have two printouts, one with 450whp on it and the other with 505 fwhp on it, your right its probably on the high side though.... as is the wheel horse power haha

Edited by Justin Bieber
grammer (see edit history)

I'm perfectly capable of disbelieving the result without the need for the rest of the forum to tell me its a not worth the paper its written on...... that being said, it came out at at 450whp.... at 17psi on 440s.....

Thats the correction factor they were using mate, I have two printouts, one with 450whp on it and the other with 505 fwhp on it, your right its probably on the high side though.... as is the wheel horse power haha

Jesus buddy running what 1.2 bar? Ha pub dyno me thinks. I can't see it being possible unless they've ramped the boost up to 1.6 on those ceramics! :) I'm going to check the Street Turbocharging manual. Brb.

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

I'm perfectly capable of disbelieving the result without the need for the rest of the forum to tell me its not worth the paper its written on...... that being said, it came out at at 450whp.... at 17psi on 440s.....

I think though Biebs if you had some 550/650cc injectors and something controlling them AFR's you wouldn't be too far away!

On initial inspection that does look a little bit erm... optimistic. What's the full spec of the engine again?

On initial inspection that does look a little bit erm... optimistic. What's the full spec of the engine again?

Its a Whifbitz stage 1 forged bottom end, with 264 cams and dual valve springs in the head, stage 1 hybrids (Jspec's rebuilt with steel internals) with 440cc injectors and an ebay intercooler :) I also haven't been running a restrictor ring.

Its a Whifbitz stage 1 forged bottom end, with 264 cams and dual valve springs in the head, stage 1 hybrids (Jspec's rebuilt with steel internals) with 440cc injectors and an ebay intercooler :) I also haven't been running a restrictor ring.

What do you get with the Whifbitz stage 1 forged bottom end?

Forged pistons?...

out of curiosity why build the engine for such low power?

Reliability and the safety in the knowledge he can upgrade the rest when he wants. Good shout if you ask me.

That's damn good figures mate, I didn't know yours was modified so much. I would be wary about cranking up the boost on 440s though mate. What is controlling the fuelling, stock ECU ?

Dyno figures aside, I will point out Bieber's car is stupidly fast, the video that I'm uploading at the minute shows mine and his little 'sprint' and mine is known for being a strong BPU @1.1 bar with 405BHP (obviously my figure can also be questioned) at the fly, watch how he shifts!