The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheapest insurance company to insure the supra

Guest Knightrider1980

Guest Knightrider1980

Looking for a cheap insurance company as i have been quoted just over 600 quid:blink:, hoping you guys can recommend an insurance company that can offer a 33 year old with 5 years no claims a better offer.

Edited by Knightrider1980 (see edit history)

Who was the original quote with? I've found admiral to be the cheapest insurance for the supra. I pay under 500 quid and I have 6 years no claims on a multicar policy.

Admiral isn't necessarily the best though. I've heard nothing but good things about sky. Also consider classic insurance if you do limited miles.

Guest Knightrider1980
You are asking 2 different questions...

Are you looking for best or cheapest?

Cheapest will be the likes of admiral / swift cover - Just go on to the likes of compare the market.

Good all depends on what your requirements are.

Ah i want the cheapest sorry

Guest Knightrider1980
Who was the original quote with? I've found admiral to be the cheapest insurance for the supra. I pay under 500 quid and I have 6 years no claims on a multicar policy.

Admiral isn't necessarily the best though. I've heard nothing but good things about sky. Also consider classic insurance if you do limited miles.

Direct Flux, and also i have no multi car option with my mum or sister so thats out of the window

You'd be lucky to find an insurer that will touch you taking out 3rd party only.

When I done my insurance quote 3rd party was more expensive than fully comp! Weired how that has changed since I passed my test back in 2002! 3rd party was always a few hundred quid lower, must be all them claims people do :-/

ive done a quick search on the net with a supra tt no mods (didn't put your numberplate by the way encase details were different, some companies keep records of quotes), 33 years old 5 years no claims, no convictions no points within 5 years some random postcode in cardiff £180 performance direct.

I have no experience with this company... just letting you know what the price I found was.

Is your car an NA or TT ?

I went on confused to see how much a stock NA would cost me and the cheapest on there

was over £400, that was with no points, 10 yrs NCB, 52 yrs old, in a good postcode.

I've just re done this and its now over £500 for me to insure a stock NA valued at £3k lmao

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest Knightrider1980
Is your car an NA or TT ?

I went on confused to see how much a stock NA would cost me and the cheapest on there

was over £400, that was with no points, 10 yrs NCB, 52 yrs old, in a good postcode.

I've just re done this and its now over £500 for me to insure a stock NA valued at £3k lmao

Its an NA mate

ive done a quick search on the net with a supra tt no mods (didn't put your numberplate by the way encase details were different, some companies keep records of quotes), 33 years old 5 years no claims, no convictions no points within 5 years some random postcode in cardiff £180 performance direct.

I have no experience with this company... just letting you know what the price I found was.

This is who I am with and I pay £250 a year fully comp 6 years no claims no points. Performance direct

We have ours on admiral multi car policy with all modes declared its about 300 a year. It has got limited millage on it thought.

34 5 years no claims 2 drivers

You have to be careful with Admiral and others like them as they go on book value and if the worst

happens you'll have to fight to get a decent payout