The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some help please!

Guest suprageek

Guest suprageek

Was driving my supra this morn and it died, (tt bpu auto 1993) it's trying to fire up but refuses to start, tried the engine diagnostics and I am getting a steady flashing light, listened to the fuel pump and it sounds like its priming when I try and start the engine, checked spark plugs all ok, swapped around the Eli relays and they all seem to work, anyone any ideas please on what the problem maybe? Cheers

Saw the pic of it on the recovery lorry yesterday David :( Did it cut out whilst you were driving? I assume you've checked the obvious and the leads are secure on the battery terminals? I had a similar problem and it turned out I'd forgotten to put the battery clamp back on, few corners with the battery sliding around the tray made the leads work loose and caused it to cut out while driving.

Guest suprageek

Checked that Jim had the battery off when I got it back to charge it, the engine management light is stuck on but no error code from the diagnosis either, refuses to start just turns over mate.