The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few issues to say the least??!?! HELP

Carzymike1987

hi guys I'm new to the forum,

so couple of questions, in march I bought a problemed Toyota with what I thought I few easy fixes but as I dug deeper the problems became bigger and bigger

so the first issue I have is the ecectric driver seat, I need a new little plastic cog if anyone knows what I'm on about please speak up, how much are they where can I get ETC

secondly the back light on the dash board none existent the previous owner decided to use some crazy LED lit two colour black magic thing which don't work, wondering if I re-solder it to the circuit board will it work??

third, when disconnecting the radiator hose a lot of rusty water came out how do I drain and are there any good value radatiors on the market

four, (final one) does anyone know where I can get a good quality amp speaker wire kit as who ever wired the speakers did an amazing job leaving bare wires touching places they shouldn't touch

any way rant over?

the car is the only thing I've ever wante hence why I bought it I just wish I didn't think with my heart n my brain did a bit of the thinking if you know what I mean,

please anyone with Info or opions are welcome (just not ony spelling or gramma)

regards

Michael

1995 supra M reg manual import None/turbo

Edited by Carzymike1987 (see edit history)

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately the little cog for the driver seat is not available separately. It's a very common problem. I remember reading somewhere about a guy on here making metal ones but not sure if he still does. Most people end up buying a used working drivers seat.

About the dash, I need more info or photos of what it's got and how it's wired.

About the radiator, If its not broken or leaking its should be fine with a gentle flush using a hosepipe. But otherwise OEM from Toyota is always best but a company called NRG cooling (or something on those lines) sell them for around £100

An auto one will also fit your manual.

Look on ebay for the stereo/amp wiring kits.

No need to rant fella, just be glad it's all simple stuff.

cheers pal :-)

do you have any idea what they were called the guy or the cogs, I've seen a website think it might work bit don't wanna waste money if it's wrong,

no the radiator doesn't leak or anything just pissed rusty water when I removed the hoses'

ok rant over lol just been so annoyed with all the lol bits but when you start her it's just WOW always fall I'm love when I hear her Purrr :-D

pics will follow tomorrow :-)

I've just had a metal cog made, you may need both sides doing though, I made do with just one there is someone on here who makes them Ike check my inbox soon after.

Why don't you flush the rad as long as it's in an ok condition it should be fine, I would get a new water pump though.

Markssupra for seat cogs I won't lie it's not cheap. But neither will a newer electric pack that may die in a few months as they will all eventually fail

Cheers Gpro and Fly

Both good advice fly how much iPod the cog cost??

It's worn so badly I took a stanly knife to the groves so it works ATM but don't no how long will work for :-(

Gpro how much is the radator fluid that you tagged? And thank you I'm defo a biff when it comes to my supra

But only way to learn is to get stuck inn

mike, i recall it was about £30-40 as he made the jig for it. I would get a metal one rather than another partially worn gearing system. you can remove the runner screw from the slave side and just have one runner active works fine and theres no movement in the seat

Thank you every one again,

A metal cog would be amazing I only need the right hand cog as the left was fine

So lets move on to the issue with the back lighting this is what it looks like

All the other lights are now working but still struggling with the lights that light up the dials

I'm wondering if the circuit board has seen it's day as this is what it looks like once again any advice is good advice :-D image

Wondering if the solder is affecting the board??

Heckler is the man you need regarding circuit board LEDs etc, look him up a real whizz.

Like the TRD dials by the way.

:D

They aren't TRD dials, they are just dials with TRD on them :p

Thank you every one again,

A metal cog would be amazing I only need the right hand cog as the left was fine

So lets move on to the issue with the back lighting this is what it looks like

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/9e2upyny.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/y6agygu8.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/apy7e3ug.jpg

All the other lights are now working but still struggling with the lights that light up the dials

I'm wondering if the circuit board has seen it's day as this is what it looks like once again any advice is good advice :-D http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/u4yre7y4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/8u8e7u2e.jpg

Wondering if the solder is affecting the board??

There should be some bulbs on that PCB, i can't see any. If they are missing, replace them.

mike, i recall it was about £30-40 as he made the jig for it. I would get a metal one rather than another partially worn gearing system. you can remove the runner screw from the slave side and just have one runner active works fine and theres no movement in the seat

do you know where or who I can contact for a cog cheers :-)