The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scottish Christmas night out proposals

Scott

Having spoken to a couple of members regarding this I thought I would get the ball rolling. This thread is simply to put some options forward, I'm happy to take care of the arrangements where I can.

Firstly I'm thinking the best time would be late November or the first 2 weeks in December.

Best options are Glasgow or Edinburgh (I know Glasgow relatively well but I'm not sure of Edinburgh, had a few good nights there too though).

Options:

Mini meet - Would you want to bring the cars for a pre-night out meet, or would you prefer to leave the cars safe and sound at home and just get on with the night out itself. I'm in favour of just getting the day/night started but I'm happy to entertain either option. What would you prefer?

Overnight - I'm planning on staying at a premier inn, would be good for us all to be at the same place. I'm happy to sort out bookings for this, prices will be approx £35 if sharing or £70 if on your own, dealers choice. I'm happy to share but I snore like a bull so it depends if anyone wants to risk it.

Meal - Most chrimbo nights out involve a meal of some sort. Would you prefer to go for the 3/5 course sit down event or would you rather a light snacking menu (pizza, pakora, etc). Happy to arrange either or here too depending on the consensus.

Bars - I know a few cracking bars in Glasgow that will be happy to accommodate a larger group, phoning ahead of time should see us OK on that front. The Corinthian is pretty much a one stop shop and after visiting a few other bars, on the runup, this is most likely where we would end up with the Glasgow night out. For Edinburgh other arrangements will obviously be made but I'll discuss our options with Sunny as that's his stomping ground.

I'll be asking for a non-refundable deposit. I'm not going to faff around with this meet, if you're in... I'm booking you in and your hotel room (should you wish one) will be booked. Please don't take the huff at this request, it's simply to get solid names on a sheet. I'll sort out concrete info once I know the consensus of the options above and I'll start getting things properly arranged. The deposit will obviously depend on whether you wish to have a room or not, and whether you are willing to share etc. I would suggest that we all get booked up in a hotel, if possible, as then we can have a nice hungover brekky together in the morning and laugh at each others pictures from the night before.

So... what would you be up for?

Name - Scott M

When are you free - 23rd Nov, 30th Nov, 7th Dec, 14th Dec

Location Preference - Glasgow

Ok for Edinburgh or Glasgow - Yes

Staying overnight - Yes

If so willing to share - Yes

Mini-meet prior to getting on it - No

Meal - Happy with either munchies or a meal

Anyone is welcome so any of our more distant members are more than welcome to make the trip if they want to see what a proper Scottish night out is like. Be warned though, the cells are cold up here!

Edit: Something that I forgot to mention. I'm thinking it would be good to invite the other/better halfs should the wish to attend. My Wife would probably come out with us depending on the date (she has a night out on the 14th Dec). I haven't actually said to her yet though so I can change my mind. Feel free to +1 yourself, more the merrier :)

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

Name - Alex (drift_bear)

When are you free - Anytime (will book it off work)

Location Preference - Edinburgh

Staying overnight - Yes

Mini-meet prior to getting on it - Not bothered will have the BMW with me

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Name - James

When are you free - 23rd Nov, 30th Nov, 7th Dec, 14th Dec

Staying overnight - Yes

Mini-meet prior to getting on it - Yes if safe parking and weather permitting

:thumbs:

Tony, Ian and Ross.... what meal would you be interested in? Options are a sit down multi-courser or a bar snack menu (Pizza, Pakora, etc).

Bar snack menu is fine by me. Had a do at the Bier Hall before which was good.

Plenty beers to choose from and BOGOF on pizzas, just bought loads and everyone dug in?

Scott M

drift_bear

James

tony TT

Ian W

Ross C

Anyone else fancy it? I believe that Style will also be coming to this, but since he is in the land down under hasn't yet dropped his name down.

So far it's looking like we're Glasgow bound, we won't be bothering with a meet, the grub will be pubbish and we'll be taking over a premier inn :D

Name - Westy

When are you free - 23rd Nov

Ok for Edinburgh or Glasgow - No

Staying overnight - No

If so willing to share - N/A

I've got a weekender in Newcastle the following weekend and have no other weekend off in Dec.

Name - Westy

When are you free - 23rd Nov

Ok for Edinburgh or Glasgow - No

Staying overnight - No

If so willing to share - N/A

I've got a weekender in Newcastle the following weekend and have no other weekend off in Dec.

There's always one ;)

and it's always you lol

Name - Steve (Style)

When are you free - 23rd Nov, 30th Nov, 7th Dec, 14th Dec (Work permitting but I'll get paid up and booked for whatever date we agree on atm and hope I'm not away)

Location Preference - Either, never had a night out in both :taped:

Staying overnight - Yes

Mini-meet prior to getting on it - Yes

:)

I'm going to nail down a date and location over the weekend folks. At the moment it's the 23rd Nov & Glasgow. It's always going to be a case of the more the merrier but after the date is set people will need to work around that, rather than me working the date around the people.

Have any of you given thought to bringing your WAGs?

I'm going to nail down a date and location over the weekend folks. At the moment it's the 23rd Nov & Glasgow. It's always going to be a case of the more the merrier but after the date is set people will need to work around that, rather than me working the date around the people.

Have any of you given thought to bringing your WAGs?

Mine will be in Houston then, so I'll be a one man wolfpack. :D

Name - SPGenius

When are you free - All dates

Location Preference - Edinburgh (Because I live here), Glasgow looks more realistic and nobody will find out what I got up to :D

Staying overnight - Yes

If so willing to share - Staying at the Flat

Mini-meet prior to getting on it - YES

Meal - Happy with either munchies or a meal, hopefully no Al Fresco :cold: