The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are these bride bucket seats replicas?

Parry_10

Hi guys ive agreed to buy a pair of bride low max bucket seats next weekend but doing a google image search I cant seem to find many that look like this (third picture) most of them look like the ones in the /firstsecond/ pictures and are called bride low max gias.

Im not bothered if they are replicas as they are a good price, new condition and I prefer the look of these ones but just wanted to know really cheers.

bride seats.jpg

bride seats1.jpg

bride seats2.jpg

I don't know. How much are they up for? If it's around the £400 mark, then they will be replicas. I looked at genuine Bride LowMax, and they were around £700 a seat with the carbon back.

If they are coming from eBay, check any small print at the bottom of the advert. If it states they are made anywhere but Japan, they are definitely replicas.

Oh, and I've never seen a LowMax that doesn't have the split in the cushion at the front, so that may be a tell tale sign ;)

around £1k a pair I think

They're a damn sight more than that! I sold Jamesy the ones he has now, I bought them from RHDjapan, I was gutted to sell them, lovely seats but my big bum couldn't quite squeeze in and I love pasties too much to change!

To the op - The ones in the pic are replicas dude, the bolsters are different, the real deal have a plate on the bottom of them with the spec on them and the hologram.

They're a damn sight more than that! I sold Jamesy the ones he has now, I bought them from RHDjapan, I was gutted to sell them, lovely seats but my big bum couldn't quite squeeze in and I love pasties too much to change!

To the op - The ones in the pic are replicas dude, the bolsters are different, the real deal have a plate on the bottom of them with the spec on them and the hologram.

Ok mate I saw a pair at 1k but they are probs fakes then didn't realise it was going to be so much hastle just trying to get a pair of seats lol. Think im going to go with recaros now anyway just need to decide on what would look better in mine red or black.

Ok mate I saw a pair at 1k but they are probs fakes then didn't realise it was going to be so much hastle just trying to get a pair of seats lol. Think im going to go with recaros now anyway just need to decide on what would look better in mine red or black.

Recaros are the way forward mate, I went back to oem ones, they can't be beaten frankly. Red would look lovely in yours dude.

If they're that comfy I never want to see a pillow stuffed down the back ever again! :D I expect you'll enjoy Dragon Ball next year with no pillows :)

haha - that was a one-time thing and i dont regret it.

fact is, they are race seats, in a race car :D ..... its not meant to be all comfy and fluffy to be fair...if you want that buy a GT-R!!! :D

How's that? Its the same car that competed in the Toyota Sprint Series mate... :search:

…which is not a race series in the traditional sense… it's a sprint series! Turn up in any car and go basically… I'm not being a dick intentionally, I love that car you know that. Just don't kid yourself into thinking you have a race car there, because it isn't.

To paraphrase Jay from the previous post;

"[it is] a fast road Supra which [has] occasionally [been] used on track"

….and a very nice one at that!

Which is why you should sell those shite uncomfortable seats and get some proper ones!! :D:p

I'll stop tugging you off *r chain now I promise… !

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)