The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boostlogic built auto is fitted!

Chris Bailey

Dad bought a Boostlogic built auto from Dude (John) a while back...I've always wanted to go built auto but dad wasn't keen to start with!

Dad travelled to Austec the other morning to have the box fitted along with a large gearbox oil cooler. I cant believe how good this gearbox is, We are both amazed at how quickly it changes through the gears. Its so savage but smooth at the same time, Along with the Precision 3600 Hi Stall torque converter it makes for a perfect street car. Very smooth around town, But turns into an absolute monster when your on the loud pedal. I couldn't be happier with the car at the minute :D.

Hopefully I can get some videos to show how savage it is! Now the Boostlogic box if fitted we can crack on with the other plans we have :)

Last but not least, I just want to say a huge thanks to Dude for the help and advice he has given us! Cracking Job :)

Was at Austec today to have new front discs and Chris Wilson pads fitted for added safety

Whilst there dude decided we should test the new box so took her out with a racelogic v box gps fitted. This bit of kit uses gps tracking to verify numerous performance measurements. I will let Chris tell you them all but here are a couple as a teaser and are compared to a stock 996 turbo and dudes trick 996 turbo

1st 0 to 100 mine 9.22 secs / dudes 8.48 secs / stock 11.12

2nd 30 to 70 mine 2.85 / dude 3.25 / stock 4.80

Ok one more as we like real world driving the 60 to 127 fig was 9.08 / Porsche don't run this figure

Chris is right the boost logic box has certainly transformed the performance delivery;)

• 1 month later...

Running a 10second 1/4 mile at over 130mph is the aim next year at Suprapod. Below are what needs doing to achive that!

Drag radials (Purchased)

Remap - Build as much BOOST and torque on torque converter as possible.

Launch Control

264 Cams

Looking at around 650bhp-700bhp Max at 2bar of boost!

Do a race fuel map and you will get that 10 easy.

Was thinking about that! Something like 118 Octane. Could also run more boost with race fuel with no det.

Would be interesting to see the difference between race fuel and pump fuel.

- - - Updated - - -

We had better get your fuel system capable of running E85 then Christopher.

Sounds like a plan batman! :eyebrows: