The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling Supra TT Aero, Moment of madness (or not)

scott.wild

Hi, I am thinking about selling my Auto Aerotop BPU.

To set the scene i normally change my car every 6 months or less, i have now had the Supra for nearly 2 years which is a long time for me. I use the car mainly for commuting to work 2-3 times a week and mainly motorway driving, so i don't get any real benefit from having the roof off and parking and getting in/out of the car is sometimes a challenge.

I have been looking for other cars but cannot find anything that catches my eye so far, probably an impossible question but if you were to change car what would be a suitable alternative. Number of seats isn't important (as long as there is at least 1), a little more practical in terms of getting in/out and fitting in a parking space but still maintaining a similar torque/hp 0-60 times.

Thanks

Scott

I hope you have big pockets as there is nothing sub £30K that has the build quality and performance of a Supe. I have been wanting a change for the last two years and can't find anything in the same class that won't bankrupt you in running or repair costs.

Good luck.

H.

Monaro is a good shout. Not sure about the reliability long term though.

My previous post was in relation to "proper" 2 door sports cars. If you want to go 4 door then there are a number of options. They just don't have the WOW factor in the looks stakes.

I really wanted an RS4 but the stories of engine carbon build up and suspension issues eventually took their toll.

I'll chip in with an E39 M5. Not that I'm biased or anything. Mines been dyno'd at 399.6BHP and 382lbs/ft. Peak torque comes just over 2000RPM and goes pretty much all the way to the red line ;) Driven a Vauxhall VXR8 as well. Surprisingly very good! Was the 6.2 engined version with a manual box.

Think we need a budget to work with, might be easier to then make suggestions for you.

Personally if it is a daily car then I wouldn't have the Supra at all. For a daily driver I'd most likely go for a Lexus GS450h. If you want a sporty car they will all be fairly close to the floor & will have long doors making it more difficult to get in & out of.

997 Porsches are lovely, I'd look at them if the budget allows or if you want something more jeep like than a Lexus RX450h. VW Toureag or Porsche Caynne. The 530d's are also perfect daily and much cheaper to pick up.

Hi Guys, Budget i was thinking was around 15k with 3-4k per year for maintenance/modifications. As most of you have suggested finding anything close to the Supra is going to be difficult, i have toyed with the idea of the VXR8 but not so sure, the Merc CLS55 AMG is another possibility. Does anyone know if its possible to do total driver side window opening and closing from a Toad Ai606 alarm, getting in/out in a tight spot is easier once i can get the window down and also open the boot from the alarm. Thanks