The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Altenator

Guest eve williams

Guest eve williams

I needed a new altenator for a 1995 non-turbo supra and paid £230 for a reconditioned one. Does this sound like a good price. Also, where is the best place for getting replacement parts for my car as it is also an import and I struggle to get bits immediately and have to normally wait a week or so.

Guest eve williams

Sounds like i got ripped off. I was told £260 for it and getting it fixed so thought the guy was helping me and gave him £300. Think I will have to check with you guys next time for help. Feel gutted now. Thanks for all the help. x

Guest eve williams

The mechanic i use said it was all melted and useless. I only have his word for it. The battery light came on and the oil light even though i had just had a summer service two weeks ago, and the red warning light. Car was going fine though. He said it was the altenator and so i gave it to him last Sunday week and it took 6 days to sort. He said he got a couple sent to him but they were for a turbo so he sent them back. He gave them the serial number and told me £230 plus £30 to fix it and i thought he was doing me a good deal and gave him £300, it was a reconditioned one too. Dont forget my car is an import as well, i dont know if that makes a difference.

Guest eve williams

Thanks Turtleshead feel really sick now. You cant trust anybody. I will seriously think of finding another mechanic now. I use him cos he lives two doors from me but if i am paying all this money out for nothing its not worth it and the time i have to wait to get things sorted. May be you could help me. I need to buy a new set of wheels 17" as the ones on the car are kerbed badly, a lot of damage when i bought the car, not me, lol.

Any ideas where i would get some flashy ones from. Got a silver car so thinking of keeping to silver wheels. Cheers matey.

Guest eve williams

I love your car Keron. How much to get lambo doors i love them so much. And your wheels are like what i am looking for. Let me have some prices please. Whereabouts are you ?

The mechanic i use said it was all melted and useless. I only have his word for it. The battery light came on and the oil light even though i had just had a summer service two weeks ago, and the red warning light. Car was going fine though. He said it was the altenator and so i gave it to him last Sunday week and it took 6 days to sort. He said he got a couple sent to him but they were for a turbo so he sent them back. He gave them the serial number and told me £230 plus £30 to fix it and i thought he was doing me a good deal and gave him £300, it was a reconditioned one too. Dont forget my car is an import as well, i dont know if that makes a difference.

Hi Eve,

Sorry to hear about your alternator. If it's any consolation, I paid about £600 for an alternator to be fitted after my Supra's one died when we were on holiday in France last year! It was a new one supplied and fitted by Toyota, but it certainly made it quite an expensive holiday. My car literally died on me in the middle of some remote countryside in Normandy... Eventually sorted though, after I had to leave the car at the garage for a month while they waited for the parts to be sent from Japan!

Hope yours is fixed now :D