The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me a colour for callipers

listy

I should be getting my UK brakes tomorrow, but they need a lick of paint.

What colour do you think I should go for?

I know most will say black, but that is soooooooooo common, but it is an option.

I have red J Spec callipers now, but I don't like the red :(

The Supra in question is white, with black alloys with a polished lip, carbon bonnet and wing. A picture below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=174815&stc=1&d=1378847688

Oh, and they are being fitted Sunday, so I need to get them painted preferably Thursday night at the latest! Also, it has to be a colour readily available off the shelf.

Aaaaand......what can you use other than calliper paint? Don't hate me here, but is hammerite an option?

image.jpg

Edited by listy (see edit history)

It's no harder than other colours to be honest. As long as you use good hard paint you'll get them clean simply with the jetwash.

This and if you seal them properly then the dirt will sit on top and just jet wash off. I do this with my alloys and I don't even have to touch them.

It's no harder than other colours to be honest. As long as you use good hard paint you'll get them clean simply with the jetwash.

Good point. I think either white or black is the way to go. I'm leaning towards white, as black will just disappear behind the wheels.

White is the way I would go in your shoes. Something to remember.... nothing is permanent bud, if you don't like it simply pull out the paint brush and try a different colour :D

Try to get it on a couple of attempts though, you don't want more paint than caliper :D

Well, I've gone for white :D

First coat of paint is on, and another will go on tomorrow, another friday and the final coat on saturday.

Hopefully they turn out half decent.

What paint are you using? 2 coats should be plenty, you don't want to go too far as it'll just insulate the caliper and keep the heat in.

I'm using Hammerite :taped: I'm only doing very thin coats. The first coat is more of a murky white, as it's so thin.

I'll see how it looks after a second coat, but I'm expecting to need a third.

Hammerite is surprisingly good. I coated mine a few years back, took the calipers off and all they needed was a clean lol.