The mkiv Supra Owners Club

remove stock fuel cut on j-spec 2jzgte

jza800

I have a almost stock j-spec 2jzgte engine in my car, the mods on the car is:

fmic

catback exhaust system.

i would like to be able to boost over the stock 0.75 bar.. and the car goes in fuel cut around 1.00 bar. so now the question is, what is the safeste way to remove the stock fuel cut. i have read about the hks fcd and by my self testet the hks fcd, and i dont wont to drive with that?? should i go with the turbosmart fcd2 or???

The one I reccomended to you in the other thread works absolutely fine, doesn't alter or change the output signal from your oem MAP sensor in any way at all until the point of fuel cut. It's also available for a fraction of the cost of most of the big name devices. Failing that, try and get hold of a Thor device, but new ones are no longer available.

you have not linked to a fcd on my other link.. you gave me a link to a guy WHO could make one.. but i dont now the guy or have seen some produkt he should have maded? so if you have i link please feel free to link it here..

Indeed, you are correct. Good luck. :giveup:

ok. but is there no one WHO haved tried the turbosmart fcd2, it look like it remove the fuel cut by clamping the signal, and not scaling like the hks fcd does.. and i like that it have a kind off protection because you can set a release clamp voltage as you like..

i like the Thor vfcc but as you mentioned it is out off stock, so i like to find another produkt that does the same as the greddy bcc Thor vfcc

that is hard to belive, when hks is the only one you can get new, but WHO will live with that i make the car run lean ;). and i have checked the marked longtime now, and the greddy or Thor is not to find used.. so those guyes that stand now and want to boost over 1 bar must have a knowledge to a item that Work, when you not can find greddy or Thor units

yes, but i have a j.spec engine. so do i really need a piggyback , as long as i dont go over 1.2 bar???

If you are installing this on a JDM Supra or other speed density based ECU which does NOT use a Mass Air Flow meter from the factory, then you will need some sort of piggyback fuel injector controller such as E-Manage, AEM FIC, or similar; otherwise when this BCCD caps the voltage of the MAP sensor, the stock ECU will not know the true manifold pressure reading, thus causing problems

It's hard to say specifically. I can only say that I'm left the impression of someone running around a forest looking for some wood, hard to explain.

Lots of threads and bumps on fuel cut but no actual intake of any of the given information, almost goldfish like :D

If you are running lean on WOT over 1.0bar then something is VERY wrong. Either the FCD you have is wired in wrong, it's set wrong, is faulty or you have another issue. My money is on one of the first 2 as if you take it off there is no leaning off. There is no issue with the make/brand of FCD that you have as it works fine on countless other cars. You would be unlucky for it to be faulty but that's definitely a possibility.

If I were in your position I would get the most readily available version, put up a wanted thread for the one you would prefer and be patient. Job done.

I know it's excitable times when things go wrong but please take the time to read what people are writing when they respond to you. Joining up to a forum because you have an issue is perfectly normal but bumping thread after thread, ignoring/skipping/glancing over advice given and being critical of the information not being complete enough won't win you any favours on here.

if i had read my post about the hks fcd, you will se that i dosent Work probely because it is scaling the voltage. so thats one is out off the Picture.. then there are greddy Bcc - Thor , but they cant be found new anymore, and find them used is almost impossible.

then there was BCCD from suprastore. but never get a answer about the piggyback. as same as the turbosmart fcd2..

then i have gone with the thought about change my old boost controller with a elektronic boost controller, and then why not find a to in one unit.. so thats why i was asking about the gizzmo ms2..

if i had read my post about the hks fcd, you will se that i dosent Work probely because it is scaling the voltage. so thats one is out off the Picture.. then there are greddy Bcc - Thor , but they cant be found new anymore, and find them used is almost impossible.

then there was BCCD from suprastore. but never get a answer about the piggyback. as same as the turbosmart fcd2..

then i have gone with the thought about change my old boost controller with a elektronic boost controller, and then why not find a to in one unit.. so thats why i was asking about the gizzmo ms2..

I did read what you wrote, to be honest I just don't think you have the blindest clue about what you are doing/are talking about. You are adding 2 + 2, getting 7 then dividing by apple for no apparent reason. I did try to help you but you have also managed to alienate me with your attitude.

Have you posted the question on any other MKIV forums? We don't really have a lot of collective information on this particular one, NWS rocks though :)

then i can only sad am sorry, if thats how you feel after the help you tried to give ;) that was never my intention

i am learning like everbody else inhere.. i have read and read, but i did not get any weiser unfortunately.. so the only way i could get further, was asking inhere..

what do you mean with nws rocks though?