The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help needed. Soarer 2.5 Twin Turbo engine into a mk4 supra

WIDESUPRA

Speak to Littlenum on here, he's done the job a couple of times. Yes you can use the Mk4 gearbox, fly and clutch.

RIP another Soarer, at this rate there will be none left :(

- - - Updated - - -

Speak to Littlenum on here, he's done the job a couple of times. Yes you can use the Mk4 gearbox, fly and clutch.

RIP another Soarer, at this rate there will be none left :(

Keep Soarer till you finish all jobs especially water pipes, it is quite straight forward job, ive done 3 conversions by now :-) electrics - contact nodalmighty on this forum, he is quick and efficient and do sterling job. Before you will send soarer to scrap or something i would like to have a chat with you about some internal plugs.

1jz are a little faster at revving as the stroke is shorter and will make good power on stock ecu, ive gone single turbo with mine and it makes a mild 460bhp at 1.3bar.

There are a few weak points with the 1JZ to be aware of and that's the stock bigend bearing for some reason wear quicker then the 2jz engines and the turbo's are weak.

Ive got ACL Race bearing fitted to mine after I blew it up but im also in the process of building a proper trackday engine with forged internals and new everything link to progress here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?295853-Building-my-spare-engine-into-a-fully-built-1JZ-race-track-monster

To see what a Single turbo 1JZ goes like look here