The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spotted a none working Supra...

Guest Nova_SR

Guest Nova_SR

And as I still love them and fancy one I thought I'd ask the people in the know what it would be worth offering the owner, if its worth having.

All I know about the car is its a non turbo and doesn't work (I didn't ask why as I was at work and had to move for cars coming) it looks like it has been sat for a loooong time as its covered in green crap from the trees and the tyres look a bit perished, L reg, I think its silver under all the green crap.

What I would like if its cheap enough is make it a single turbo, is this easy to do or is it a lot of work? Expensive? Or is it just get hold of a turbo version ECU/loom add manifolds/turbo etc probably looking at changing the brakes too I'd guess?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm curious if its worth me having a go with no Supra experience of tech know how or buy another Nova and put a V6 in the front (starting to become a common mod with Nova and Corsa B fanboys especially for drag use) I could do a Nova in a couple of weekends for approx 2k, no idea what I'd be getting into with a Supra, except tyres and brakes aren't cheap.

If it's straight enough underneath, then I'd put a offer in for it. It'd be a three figure offer though to take into account any potential work that would need done. And even then, I'd only be interested if it was a manual. Wouldn't bother with an auto in that condition.

The Vauxhall lads use the v6 as its reliable power, the c20let engine is getting old now and being Vauxhall has not aged well unlike the twin turbo engine Toyota.

As Dave has said there totally different cars in every way, the Novas rust... A lot as you will no, with Toyotas this is not so much the case.

The na supra like the v6 cav engine is bomb proof so of it reliable power your after that's the car to have.

Turbo wise it's all down to how much you want to spend, go cheep and it won't last, spend the cash and you won't regret it.

Get some pics up!!!! Enjoy

I would just buy one in decent condition from a member if it was me unless you are a mechanic and a sprayer, it would be all well and good getting a old heap if you can do your own work but whats the point in starting a build to a single turbo with a canvas covered in crap.

Try and get a nice tidy/well looked after base model and go from there, if you have the money and desire to go single turbo then it has to be a six speed to save trouble and future costs IMO.