The mkiv Supra Owners Club

double checking nur spec r db

Dave_harman1990

Dont hate me. I just want to confirm that the twin turbo twin decat nur spec r is only 102db as stated on the sticky. I realise this may sound stupid but the same setup on my sx produces over 120db, I know 6cl are smoother engines but can it really reduce the noise by a whole 20 decibels?!?!?

My current sx exhaust is about 105db and I don't think its loud at all so id be overjoyed if it genuinely is only 102 on the supra.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Possibly a stupid question but there isnt actually a maximum noise limit for uk roads is there? Its all down to possible complaints being made by people and wether the police think its excessive right?

Has anyone here had any grief with police or people because the noise level?

I used to have grief with my neighbours, on idle the Nur Spec is stupendously loud, I loved it, neighbours not so much, when you put your foot down though above around 4k on the sequential system it is ridiculous!

Never had anything from the Popo, but luckly never bumped into them or got stopped, so never found out really, I suspect it would have failed there noise test though,