The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie needing help already!!!

Guest mattaiello

Guest mattaiello

Hi all,

My name is Matt and I am new to the world of the Mk4 supra! to date ive had 200sx's, mr2s, celicas...etc but never a supra.

After travelling the length of the country looking at some fairly worn out examples i finally set my heart on a black JZA80 manual NA 1994-5.... Looks amazing and went like stink going home... as soon as i got it back the clutch pedal stuck itself to the floor and i lost my clutch. I managed to limp it to a garage in birmingham where they told me that it was the master cylinder gone.... at that point, whatever pressure was left went completely and the car became a 2 ton paperweight!!! I had to go on holiday that day (last thursday) and the car is now stuck in the garage, with me stuck in cyprus and an increasingly aggravated mechanic telling me he cant get hold of a master cylinder anywhere..... I am panicking!

Can you guys help? Maybe point me in the right direction for buying one (if anyone knows a stockist or someone breaking a car with a good cylinder on it)? Im dying to get it sorted - it felt amazing before this issue and i need to sort it before the mechanic gets it scrapped / blown up / stripped!!!

Many thanks,

Matt

As above, I recently had the same issue and I rebuilt mine. parts cost £30 from my local Toyota and took 30-40 mins to complete. Where in the west midlands are you Matt? id be happy to come and give you a hand, however as above, you'll need to pay your £10 membership fee first. Trust me, its worth it!