The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance Scum???

Guest supraaman

Guest supraaman

After some help here guys,

The other week someone ran into the back of me while i was stopped at the traffic lights. Its gone thru all the insurance and its come back as a Cat-C write off! :(

Now, the problem from here is that they're only offering me £3.5k for my soop....

Its only the first offer, but i'm not so confident the second one will be much higher.

Has anyone had any of this before, or is there any advice to help me get a realistic offer???

Ask them where you can buy a replacement MKIV to the same spec as yours for £3500, if they have the ability to do this I'll take 3 of them!

I'd advise finding ads for similar cars, provide them with 10 of them for proper prices and tell them to come back with a sensible offer or repair the car (if that's what you want).

Also give http://www.helphire.co.uk a call - they can supply you with a hire car and legal stuff for £10, it's their "Angel Policy" - gave me a car for 2 months after a non-fault accident and did all the chasing and negotiating for me, great company! (And no I don't get anything for recommending them, I'm just impressed with the service).

Good luck!

Originally posted by mcanny

Doesn't really matter does it? £3500 shouldn't buy *any* MKIV :)

(but yes it would be useful to know ;))

Well, if it is one of the oldest NA's and has a shit load of miles, he may be struggling. Have a look at some of th NA's for sale at the moment and even excellent examples of the aero tops are not selling for £6k

I sold my '94 SZ Aerotop in June for £8100.

You're right about NA prices though, I think you could get a half decent one for £4000-£4500 now, but not for £3500. They're always going to try it on first time around - just say no!

I suppose your personal injury claim (if you're making one) will push the overall war chest up to something more reasonable though!

Had this when I killed mine. Paid 16k and 8months later they offered me 8k :eek:

I said fat chance, sent them links to adverts, bills for all the work I had done on it, jap and english service history, auction grade etc, they instructed an assessor to come up with a value. I spoke to the chap and he said there was no way I could replace my car for less than 12k, got an offer not long after for 12.5k. Still a hit but a huge 4.5k up on their first offer, they must just hope you are stupid and will take it without argueing......

Guest supraaman

Sorry for the slow reply.

She was a '93 N/A import with around 60k miles on the clock. I would have pegged the value around 7ish.

Thanx for all your advice tho! I've written them a snotty letter along with 3 pages full of adverts! Hopefully they'll get the hint!

In the meant time i've got my eye on a few uk spec soop's (onto bigger and better things, LOL)

BTW does anyone have any idea on compo claims? I'm still suffering now, nearly 3 weeks later!