The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting some work done locally.

JayJay1374

Hi guys. I'm needing some work done on my supra. And there's lots to do. Just wondering if anyone knows of a decent place with good rates around the northeast.

The car is a facelift TT6

Work that I want/need done:

Fault investigation on the clutch. It's a triple plate carbon job and its not disengaging properly when changing gear. Making it feel clunky and hard to change gears. (I'm guessing its gonna be the salve cylinder or hydraulic line.)

Fault investigation on the second turbo. Smokes quite bad after coming off the second. Doesn't on the first. Abit of oil in the intercooler pipe work so I assume its the turbos.

Timing belt.

Valve stems, head gasket etc whilst the heads off.

I've spoken to a garage already and I've been quoted 27 hours book time for just the head rebuild and timing belt. So £1100 labour.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Jonny.

Any garage should be able to sort a clutch tbh mate but jurgen has a v good reputation so maybe going to him will be your best bet

The smokey turbos try taking your intercooler/turbo pipework off and check for play in the turbine shaft, mines been smokey for nearly 6yrs same as the stem seals and still pulls like a Train so dont worry to much about it til its sorted,

Clutch problem will be the push rod on the slave cylinder is too long. Keeping pressure on the fork all the time. I had this issue with my ORC twin plate. It's a simple check, get under the car and grab the clutch fork, I'm assuming its a jap push type clutch. You should have a few mm movement on the fork either way. If its a tight fit with little to no movement, that's your problem.

The smoke from the second turbo will be the turbo oil seals, without a doubt. I would say, have the valve stem seals done, the turbos have to come off to remove the head anyways, as does the timing belt. Get yourself a good set of 2nd hand turbos and do it all at once. You'd be mad not to, or you'll end up paying twice to have the turbos removed and it's not an easy job.

I will check the shaft play at the weekend. Regardless it still pulls like a train. It just chucks out a cloud of smoke when I change gear. I will have to pop over and see how your beast is!

Aye have a pop over mate just drop is a text, its still a mess from most angles but looks great in the rain :D