The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello fellow Supra owners.

Tommy B

Hello all.

For the past 2 years I have owned and driven/ modified lightly a 1996 black Supra twin-turbo BPU spec Auto. I thought it is time to actually join a forum properly for once.

I bought the Auto version as I could not afford a manual at the time but I am in two minds whether to eventually convert it to 6 Speed V160 or 161 manual. (£3,500 budget in mind.) I never thought I would enjoy driving the Auto so much as my other beast is a V8 manual Ford Capri, but I love it. On a recent trip to the Nurburgring though it got me thinking.

20130825_190014.jpg

20130825_190058.jpg

943026_10201167881189205_813000732_n.jpg

20130825_190136.jpg

20130530_141227.jpg

Hi Tommy and welcome to the forum.

Nice pics - the car looks good! :)

I'm biased and would say to opt for the V161 as I have one and love it!

What is the spec of the car otherwise? If stock TT then you should BPU it for sure - makes a world of difference! :cool:

""Any pics of the Capri? "" Thought someone might ask lol.

Wow, that is stunning! Never seen a wide arch Capri before! The Supra is lovely too... see you got a theme with colours going on.. ;)

If you have have a got in both a V160 & V161 - The throw is a lot shorter on the 160 & the gear stick sits lower, but the 161 does feel like longer gear ratio's but provides higher top speed.

Wow, that is stunning! Never seen a wide arch Capri before! The Supra is lovely too... see you got a theme with colours going on.. ;)

If you have have a got in both a V160 & V161 - The throw is a lot shorter on the 160 & the gear stick sits lower, but the 161 does feel like longer gear ratio's but provides higher top speed.

Cheers guys. I put the wings on when I was using it as my daily driver 6 years back, it's got a real soul that car, just like the one that's growing in my supra.

Sounds like a v161 is my kind of box. I'm crave long gear ratios, they suit the toque of a 2JZ.