The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member says hello from yorkshire

Guest johnsonaj

Guest johnsonaj

As above, hello all.

Dont own a supra at the mo but i may well do very soon hopefully. A black 3.0 twin turbo auto jdm, been sitting in the yard of someone we use for bodywork repairs for 4-5 years, completely untouched. Needs a lot of tlc but apparently had a lot of work done on it before it was parked up and the owner dropped it off for some work doing on it and has never bothered picking it up even tho he paid for the work.

Every time i go down i ask about the car and the body shop bloke says haven't heard from him or anything until last week when he foned him and said that he would not be doing anything with it anymoore and maybe scrapping it:no:

Still in process of getting in touch with the bloke but i have my fingers crossed.

Got some aftermarket alloys fitted brand model unsure, jasma chimney blitz boost guage carbon bonnet with 6 holes letting in 4-5 years worth of weather:cry: and some big silly bumpers which if i end up with it will be returning back to standard factory.

Under bonnet is dirty and grubby and bits of surface corrosion but nothing that is dropping to bits or disintegrating.

Well in to my japs especially toyotas from being a child and owned nothing else since getting my licence, im the owner of a 1996 jdm st205 gt4 celica and i thing it needs its bigger brother sitting beside it.

Dont mind getting the spanners out either, winter just gone the gt4 had a engine gearbox out operation, clutch fly reshim exhaust camshaft timing belt water pump and lots more so cant wait to get dirty with the 2jz if i get it, wish me look

Adam

Guest johnsonaj

Thanks peeps, no pics as yet but i can tell u it looks unloved and sad parked up where it is and in desperate need of attention and a good freshen up ready for the open road where it belongs.

Spoken to body shop bloke today and he is getting his number for me to contact the owner so by end of weekend i should have an answer.

Just out of interest what would be the value of this vehicle in this state bearing in mind it will need a full service cam belt plugs all fluids changed ect not run for 4 ish years stupid carbon bonnet with stupid aftermarket bumpers and skirts, which in my mind did not need changing from the factory setup as a supra look's brilliant in factory spec,

I know it will be worth more in bits but underneath all that tat is a good solid car with no rust at all on the shell and suspension running gear that i can see?

Thanks in advance

A link to the gt4oc of my project gt4 if it works

http://www.gt4oc.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=135668&hilit=winter+improvement