The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sort of barn find

peter richards

but without the barn, the architect that's done my garage came over last night to inspect the work , ive known him for years he used to do the oil changes for me on my capri 280, got talking about my car , he then says hes doing work for this fella whos got a supra , its not moved for about 5 years and is overgrown with grass and weeds .

its a black UK TT manual on an M plate under 100.000 miles, I just went and had a look totally stock , but in a right mess .

not sure about the internals but would need a complete respray , brakes are probably shot .

what would this be worth guys ?as ive asked the owner if he would sell

Well, a nice TT manual is what?......£10-12k give or take?

Full respray circa £2k

New brakes all round circa £650 for Uk specs (from the right place ;))

4 new tyres more than likely, cost depends what you would get.

Full service, maybe a couple of hundred including fluids.

All the time doing it, or labour costs....

Personally I'd start at around £4k and barter with him. With the amount of work that will need to be put into it, you could get it stupidly cheap, and sell for a profit, or have a nice mint UK TT6 at the end of it.

Well, first thing to do, is chuck a new battery in it, and see if she starts. Plenty of times people have mentioned about finding a Supe sat for years and she fired first time with a new battery.

Have a look, get under it if you can, and make an educated decision from there. Or even better, go and look, take a copy of the buyers guide with you, take some photos and post them here.

There is bound to be mega surface rust on suspension components ect, just give things a tap... radiator mount bracket is most common for rotting through.

Depends on what box it has in it, could be a little gem sitting there wasting away! or a kick in the face, worth a cheeky bid!!

UK TT manual only came with a 6 speed as far as i'm aware

I'd have thought everything rubber could be perished, I remember buying a BMW that had stood for a year in a garage, ran awesome for a few months, took it to MOT and it failed on a massive amount. Things like steering rack, slave/master cylinders all knackered.

oh right i never knew that.. well there is a nice sum of money in conversion there which you could get back if its a dog

Indeed :)

It might not be a dog but then again it could be, at least its not been on the rd for 5 years worth

of winters and salt etc :)

A lot will depend if the owner just wants rid of it or actually knows its potential

Simply to strip and sell on parts i guess the engine, box, diff, drive shafts are

worth getting on for £4-5k

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• Getrag V160 6 speed box
  • B03B large case diff
  • UK brakes (calipers at the very least)
  • UK 17" wheels
  • Glass headlights
  • Active front spoiler setup
  • OEM leather interior
  • UK engine (550cc injectors, steel turbos etc.)
  • UK bonnet with scoop
  • UK rear bumper (no hole behind plate)

All very desirable items which I don't think you would struggle to shift those parts on. Makes a decent price for a UK spec seem very appealing. :) And then there is still the rest of the body parts which folk always want such as wings, spoiler, front bumper etc.

that's just the problem I think he knows its worth a bit , and I also think hes not in any rush to sell it he had an R reg M3 there as well, hates it but wont sell it for some reason .

if I really did get the chance to seriously look at it id need to take my strimmer , couldn't see the wheels , but it is full of rust from what I could see, I think they were stock alloys .

but it was 8 am this morning and I got him up , but he seemed ok as rob the architect is doing work for him so kind of broke the ice

Soon to be for sale as a "mint" UK 6 speed for probably north of £10-12k if certain people get ahold of it.

Realistically, if you are wanting to put it back on the road, I'd offer £1500 and go from there as it clearly needs a lot of work. I personally wouldn't pay more than 4k for it, just not worth it even to break it with the time that involves.

not sure dunk he first said he wanted to fix it up , then he said his misses wants it gone , so I gave him my contact details , so its a matter of waiting now and see what he decides , I did tell him though that if he did decide to fix it up how much it would likely cost him , he already told me that the hoses in the bay were gone , so chances are it wont start without a bit of sorting first

i think that will be the problem he knows its worth "X" amount , maybe to much , the M3 for instance he has he told me someone offered him money for it , he felt it wasn't enough and just said i don't care if it just sits there , so maybe the supra will be the same .

ill hang on a bit and see if he calls me , if he doesn't ill pop back to see him in person