The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Autocar Article re Toyota Supra

marbleapple

Article says about 2000 MkIV's are thought to be on British roads.

Didn't realize the number would be anywhere near that value to be honest.

If a large percentage of our club members met up at the anniversary 'do' and that number totaled just under 100 Supras, then where are the remaining 1901 MkIV's ?

If a large percentage of our club members met up at the anniversary 'do' and that number totaled just under 100 Supras, then where are the remaining 1901 MkIV's ?

I'm not sure if they would have taken into account the cars that where written off, which I guess would equate to a reasonable number, beyond that I don't know, but yes thanks for posting, was a good read.

1700 according to how many left http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/toyota_supra

Sounds high to me, I really rarely see them and I do a lot of miles.

Mine was on my drive if that helps.

There are 2253 MKIII and MKIV Supras in the UK of which 1706 are SORN.

That leaves 547 mkIII and mkIV combined. Say 47 mkIII Supras on the road, meaning 500 mkIV. There were 100 at the meet on Monday, leaving 400 elsewhere. Only 1 of all of the Scottish Supras were there. That is quite a number in it's own right (there are a lot on here, never mind all the Supras up here that belong to non-members). I can only imagine that the number of non-members in England/Wales/N.Ireland is huge.

There are around 60 on pistonheads just now as well.

If we counted all of the Supras which Jurgen has brought into the UK (and sold to UK residents) that aren't on the forum, I imagine that deficit of 300 or so will start getting eaten up quickly, and that is only one importer! :)

Back on topic - good little read that. Nice to see an article that isn't completely riddled with incorrect information. :thumbs: