The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater only blowing hot air?

marcAB10

So did a service on the car a few months ago, before hand I had coldish air on the cold setting and seemed to work fine, aircon gas ran out a few years back.

Ever since the service though I have nothing but HOT air from the heater control settings, even on the coldest setting.

Just had my aircon regassed just to see if it made any difference but nope.

Any ideas on what could cause this or what might be broken?

Cheers.

could be the little rod thats came off.... theres a metal rod that opens and closes a flap (hot or cold) its located in the pass side footwell, towards the center tunnel almost height with the stereo a few inches long.... when you turn the dial hot to cold, this should move and open or close the flap...

theres a thread on here about it too with pics

The AC pump is working fine and I can hear it come on whenever I press this stitch.

It is actually going on and off whenever it likes now, so it will blow hot air then switch to cold, work for a while and back to hot air.. Frustrating!

As said above, if thats attached check the heater control valve in the engine bay is moving.

Where about in the bay is it?

The AC pump is working fine and I can hear it come on whenever I press this stitch.

It is actually going on and off whenever it likes now, so it will blow hot air then switch to cold, work for a while and back to hot air.. Frustrating!

Where about in the bay is it?

Maybe worth taking off a couple of dash panels and swapping on mine/Kieran's heater controls and seeing if that fixes it? We could do that tomorrow and at least eliminate that possibility?

Maybe worth taking off a couple of dash panels and swapping on mine/Kieran's heater controls and seeing if that fixes it? We could do that tomorrow and at least eliminate that possibility?

Up at Kieran's now trying that.. Hopefully it's a faulty control or just not plugged in properly at the back.