The mkiv Supra Owners Club

U.S. Supra Prices

R3DG3CKO ROB

It seems that U.S. Supra prices are really high! I've been looking around to see what's available and prices on auto trader and ebay are all starting at around $20,000! Got to stay that the overall standard seems high but I even found a total wreck of an aerotop shell on ebay that's been in a front impact for $4,500! no engine, gb, wheels nothing!

Does anyone know any other sites worth looking at?

Simple matter of supply and demand. The US supra market is not flooded with import options like you have over here. It is illegal to import one without having the proper conversions done to make it road legal. There are companies that can do this for you but it costs a pretty penny.

Those that own a supra in the US tend to hang onto them which keeps the supply low and the demand high. At 25 years of age, a car is classified a classic and can then be imported without all the red tape. Once this happens, the prices wil plummet as the market will become saturated.

Foreign car prices always seem high because the UK ones are very low compared to the rest of the world, over here a car will lose a massive amount just by leaving the forecourt whereas in most countries the isn't all that much difference between a new car and a three year old one. Most of my previous cars ended up being bought by mainland Europeans who then took them home as the prices I was asking although high for the UK were quite low by European standards (and Japanese standards making importing a JDM card from the UK much cheaper than from Japan).