The mkiv Supra Owners Club

remove the coal calnister

teddan

I have removed my coal canister and I also bought one of these rolling over valves from volvo http://texasbulkstuff.com/images/fueltank_rollover-jeep175.jpg. No need for fancy valves when they are hidden;)

But I don find any good place to hide it and I dont want to have the open hose that can have fumes behind the back wheels in case of I want to burn a couple of tires:eyebrows:

I will connect the pipe that was going from the coal canister to the tank to this valve instead and then just vent it.

Does any one have any suggestions where I can place it or where I can have the vent hose safe?:rolleyes:

Okay, I have 3 options where to place the venting hose from the tank. I have place the rollover valve directly on the top of the tank on the pipe that should be vent.

1. Just under the passenger seat.

2. Top of the tank. (just have a small hose after the rollover valve)

3. Straight under the tank.

What would be the most safe place?

I have read a lot of threads here and some of them state that you need to vent it and instead of blank it. But if it really works to block it I will do that, it is a lot easier and no fumes :)

When I searched i had the same result as this.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?253569-Hose-from-fuel-tank-to-charcoal-canister-on-NA-to-1JZ-swap

I will block my pipe direct at the tank then

The reason I vented my fuel tank after cannister removal is that I did'nt notice pressure buildup in the fuel tank before the cannister removal, so was logical for me to make sure it stayed like that, even after cannister removal? I don't get a fuel smell, and my car is parked in a garage, so would smell it if a lot of fumes were escaping. But I would like to know a definite answer also...

The whole idea of venting though the charcoal filter is to remove petrol fumes.

With a charcoal filter venting the system, there's less pressure in the tank after it has stood for a while.

The fuel tank and pump are designed to operate with 2 psi tank pressure.

Without the charcoal filter, any excess pressure is vented by the filler cap that is a 2 psi valve/vent.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

The whole idea of venting though the charcoal filter is to remove petrol fumes.

With a charcoal filter venting the system, there's less pressure in the tank after it has stood for a while.

The fuel tank and pump are designed to operate with 2 psi tank pressure.

Without the charcoal filter, any excess pressure is vented by the filler cap that is a 2 psi valve/vent.

Deja Vu :D