The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Accusump

jay200bhp

Guys I have a few questions about the "Accusump" oil accumulator system ...

1. The system come in manual or electronic but is sold in two parts from what I can see, there is the oil canister and a relay unit then an electronic fitting which is another £200+ are both needed ?.

2. Has anybody got one of these plumbed in ? how was it to fit?

Look at Steve L build thread posted up by Paul they both used them on the time attack cars , Steve said it worked really well use the rear turbo oil port for feed not sure about the electrics though think its so you can prime the pressure before the engine starts if you want to

Mine has the cable operated manual valve, and I have used it in various configurations of connection to the engine oil galleries on different things. So long as it is fed from / to a fitting capable of good oil flow rates (ie, not into an oil pressure switch port :)), it should work. Do you actually NEED one at all though?

You need to be VERY careful with plumbing into a sandwich plate. You must be sure the Accusump displaces its pressurised feed directly into the main oil gallery, and not though the filter. If you try and eject the oil through a filter with a none return valve, (which you SHOULD be using on anything with a remote oil cooler), and it tries to go the wrong way through the filter, the one way valve will stop it. Be sure you know and understand the flow paths in BOTH directions.

Im having a forged unit built and it would mainly be for oil pressure on start because of personal paranoia really ...as well as being a bit trick..is this the sort of valve to use chris?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=active&q=goodridge%20check%20valve&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.51156542,d.Yms,pv.xjs.s.en_US._-554IbEZc0.O&biw=1468&bih=800&wrapid=tlif137726943767131&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=vXYXUs-oKoiN4gT8oYHQBw

first photo of the blue unit,also where would this be plumbed in most effectively ?