The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New ish but Not

gdog1989

Hi all ive been on here a while but have not had a chance to post anything up really so here it is so far, hi all my name is Gary and i have met a few peeps on here from Bluewater and must say its a great atmosphere all really friendly and welcoming. i bought my Supra tt6 manual at the beginning of July and have not been the luckiest of people in it....being the first rwd car i ever owned....plus my first ever turbo i got bit in the butt and spun it on a roundabout leaving work....not driving like a pratt either just did not know how to drive the car at the time ( still learning now ) and was lucky to get away with two scuffed alloys and tracking needing done so off the car went to Austec and got all little bits that needed doing done, perfect service and dude was very helpful and i will be visiting him again after the big meet....breather time.

So here is how the car was when i bought it and tbh i have not done loads but dont want to do it all now otherwise i wont have anything to look forward to

When i bought it

First thing was to give it a clean as it was in need of one

So i was happy to leave the car as it was for the time being as im happy just to have a supra :) the next step was to try and clean the headlights....did not go all to plan as i never done it before in my life but was happy with the results as i couldnt get any plastic polish at the time and i had already split the lights, as i use the car everyday i had to get it done so cleaned them as much as i could but as the chrome had gone yellow and orange i tried cleaning it but didnt work so i sprayed the lights black and think they look ok....for now, ive got polish now so going to try it on the outer lense but dont think it will make a difference tbh.

So here it was before

Lights split and taking up the whole kitchen

The finished product

So after trying this i got to changing a few bits and have more in plans but need to replenish funds lol, so next was the sparco steering wheel.(did the boost gauge aswel)

After that i had wanted to change the alloys for a little while so i bought a nice set of a member of the forum and got to cleaning, still in need of a clean but will do it when i get more time to play

After cleaning the wheels

So me and the bro got to fitting them whilst we waited for the Tein springs to arrive

Before

After

As you can see its riding abit high

Just after finishing the wheels UPS turns up with these.....next day fitting now.

So i took the old mans golf to work whilst my bro fitted the springs and i must say the ride is very nice now and it could go lower if i didnt have nasty bumps in the roads round my way

And here is how it is today i still have plans for it but choosing my options as i have just purchased a boost controller as well today from forum member so that will also be added in future along with front mount and more goodies.

Hope the thread has enough pictures for you and i look forward to meeting you all at the big meet

Cheers

Gary

Gary, the wheels come out nicely. Well done.

cheers mate they look alot better in the picture as i just have not had enough time to finish them yet but tips will be taken from people on how to get them stunning as i just cant seem to get them spotless :( still even atm they are some awsome wheels and glad i bought them :thumbs:

Excellent choice on wheels, Volk's are the some of the best looking wheels out there! Then again I would say that :innocent: Be careful with that boost controller buddy, from what I've heard BPU really brings the car alive!

Haha they are nice indeed :) im just going to fit it and have dude set it up on my next visit :) as for bpu it has already been done by previous owner and is good fun when I learn to drive it properly lol

- - - Updated - - -

Looks much better Gary! :thumbs:

Thanks Abz :)