The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why always me!

rob wild

I decided about 2 months ago with coming into winter to get the handling sort on my j-spec TT soop, so I changed suspension and decided to go with the UK brake upgrade with CJ's group buy, I then needed new wheels and after loads of research eventually found a really good set of 18" lexus gs300 sport wheels that had been refurbished and were mint! And a set of new tyres!

All my plans were going great until last night some little B*st*rds decide that they wanted my wheels, got distributed but got away with one of them! Sad gits what are they going to do with one wheel! :mad:

I have rung Lexus and they said that it would be 280 plus VAT for a new front wheel! :eek:

Does anybody know where I could find one cheaper or a second hand one etc?

Thanks guys!

No idea where to get a replacement but if it makes you feel any better I got up one morning and found my car on bricks. Only saving grace was that having kept my wheels in pristine condition for months I had scraped them along the kerb the day before they were nicked.

Apparently locking wheel nuts would have been cheaper than a new set of rims...

yeah hint of sarcasm!!

The police told me that 2 sets was best and on opposite sides of the wheel so the other nuts can't be taken off and the locking nuts snapped in a handbrake turn - although that was on a pug 306 (wheels worth more than car?!).

Guessing that on a Supra the car's worth more than the wheels!!

Just make sure you don't get distributed halfway through... :devil:

Sorry Rob, one of my alter-ego's told me not to post it, but the other one argued that no-one had picked it up in 10+ posts so it needed to be done.

On a serious note, is there a UK Lexus GS300 forum? Would be worth looking there for wheels.

Thanks for the advice guys. Spanner, torque wrenches wheelbrase, etc i know where i will stick them if they come near my car again!!! B*sta*ds!!!

Cheers CJ i think that i will take you up on that offer, how much will delivery be? or drop us an e-mail.

The only bugger is that the wheels where all refurb together which means that i may end up with a wheel thats sightly different! DOH! Never mine, it hoperfully won't look that bad.:)