The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Exhaust Headers

Guest Roger NE

Looks like a copy of the Xerd header, these were designed to fit a US LHD Supra and do fowl the steering column. It also has threaded oxygen sensor bosses, which will not fit the stock 2 bolt flanged sensors.

Recent thread on the same subject

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?294624-N-A-decat-rubbing-on-steering-column-safe-to-use/page2&highlight=xerd

Guest Roger NE

Well just because it looks SIMILAR to the one you had doesn't mean it WILL foul the steering column ! It could easily be 10mm further in

I have e-mailed them to ask, but they probably don't know ! That's why I was hoping someone on here has bought one - they do look rather good value.

Also, screw-in O2 sensors are fine - all the Aftermarket ones are screw-in, so saves using an adapter plate. (Would never buy one from Toyota !)

Well just because it looks SIMILAR to the one you had doesn't mean it WILL foul the steering column ! It could easily be 10mm further in

I have e-mailed them to ask, but they probably don't know ! That's why I was hoping someone on here has bought one - they do look rather good value.

Also, screw-in O2 sensors are fine - all the Aftermarket ones are screw-in, so saves using an adapter plate. (Would never buy one from Toyota !)

No need to be rude!

And if you knew who you were talking to you wouldn't be like that.

1 Nic knows his stuff and if you do a search on here or google you will find any US header does fowl the steering.

And 2, which is probably important for you to know. Nic designed, tested and made his own headers that were for sale and sold quite a few to many members, and are sought after items.

Again do a search for Nic's manifold and your eyes will be opened.

So if he says it looks like a specific brand then it probably is.

Yes it looks well built, in a picture but that doesn't mean it won't fowl.

And I've hardly seen any screw in type 02 sensors, and I also may mine from the states for a fraction of the cost.

Edited by Al Massey (see edit history)

Guest Roger NE

I'm sorry, but I don't believe I said anything rude! I was merely stating an opinion . . . . that this PARTICULAR one MIGHT be OK. What was rude about that?

And if I didn't SUSPECT that it might fowl the Steering Column I wouldn't have started this thread, asking if anyone had bought this particular brand. (I did do a Search about Headers, but found nothing relevant)

And all the aftermarket O2 Sensors (for different cars, including my Supra) I have bought over the past 14 years have been the screw-in type

Edited by Roger NE (see edit history)

Guest Roger NE
Perhaps rethink your use of Block Caps and the exclamation mark in your first response to Nic... Block Caps is considered as 'shouting'.

Well I use Block capitals to stress a particular word . . . and exclamation marks to make light of a comment . . . either way I don't think I was being rude

And even more so, no rudeness was intended to Nic or anyone else !

Me too, ready for what you might bring Marc....

You start stevo, i dont wanna go into early with dog raping jibes just yet :D

Haha go for it, just remember I hate football and I like punching people..... LOTS hahaha.

Now now Joe! no need for the aggression, do you need a hug? ;)

Guest Roger NE

Just heard back from the US company that make those Headers . . . . . they have said that unfortunately they DO interfere with the Steering Column, so can't be fitted to a RHD car

(was actually quite surprised that they were aware!)

So that confirms what Nic thought . . . . I just wanted to make sure from someone that knew these actual headers.

Guest Roger NE

LOL ! No . . . what Nic actually said was these LOOKED LIKE another set of headers that do foul the Steering Column

That's why I replied with what I did . . . I wanted to know if anyone had tried this particular make!

Guest aspire
I wasn't the one getting worked up ! I'm just explaining/defending myself as I was accused of being rude !

i can see they are going to have fun with you here,:Popcorn:

Guest Roger NE

Getting back on topic . . . . . . I guess getting a cheap set of headers isn't a viable option

Can someone please clarify for me . . . . does an original Exhaust on the N/A Mk4 Supra consist of the two separate Manifolds, each with the 3 pipes going into one, with a flange on the end . . . and bolted onto the LH one is a short pipe going into the first Cat, and the RH one has a flexi coupling that then goes into the same Cat? (ie just ONE Cat, not one on each downpipe?)

And if that's the case, is there actually a JOIN in each of the pipes before they go into the Cat, or does the Cat come with those pipes sticking out the top? (can't see in photos very clearly - if there's a join just before the Cat it must be sleeved and clamped, as there are no flanges)

Did any cars come as stock WITHOUT the first Cat(s) on the downpipes?

i can see they are going to have fun with you here,:Popcorn:

Oh yes :)

Getting back on topic . . . . . . I guess getting a cheap set of headers isn't a viable option

Can someone please clarify for me . . . . does an original Exhaust on the N/A Mk4 Supra consist of the two separate Manifolds, each with the 3 pipes going into one, with a flange on the end . . . and bolted onto the LH one is a short pipe going into the first Cat, and the RH one has a flexi coupling that then goes into the same Cat? (ie just ONE Cat, not one on each downpipe?)

And if that's the case, is there actually a JOIN in each of the pipes before they go into the Cat, or does the Cat come with those pipes sticking out the top? (can't see in photos very clearly - if there's a join just before the Cat it must be sleeved and clamped, as there are no flanges)

Did any cars come as stock WITHOUT the first Cat(s) on the downpipes?

Two separate manifolds.

The Cat has two entry holes for the manifolds and one exit hole for the exhaust then to another cat.

And no, came with two cats.

No if you search for Nic's manifold you will see all the work that went in and why it is a sought after bit of kit.

I had an autobahn88 manifold which just sold.

There is another manifold in the for sale section.

You will also see threads of a few different manifolds.

Now a left hand drive header will fit, and most likely fouls the steering column but after some heating and bashing it will clear.

There are a few that have been modified well.

Guest Roger NE

Yes I know they came with a SECOND Cat under the car . . . . .

So you're confirming the Supra only ever has ONE cat on the downpipes? (I've seen some 2JZ-GE engines with a separate Cat in EACH downpipe)

So as I described before, do those two pipes that bolt onto the flanges on each of the Manifolds go STRAIGHT into the single Cat? (ie without a join?)