The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV Community

Camry5Sgte

Apologies up front for the sappy thread! But if you read my thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270045-My-evolution-of-Toyota-vehicles-leading-to-my-Supra-(no-need-for-snide-comments-plz) you might appreciate this more.

I've been stationed in England as a US Air Force member since July of 2009. I did not mesh much with your country much as the weather really brought me drown and the Brits that I met around the base were really mean/rude.

Coming out of Afganistan at the end of 2011, I finally bought the car of my dreams and immediately jumped into the Supra scene. I was extremely disappointed in the comraderie of the US forums despite the abundace of technical knowledge. I joined this forum and was instantly greeted with the camraderie that should be expected in these types of communities.

I believe the friends and contacts I have made here have genuinely changed my opinion of this country and I thank each and every one of you. Thank you for being there for me when I mentally needed you most and I will continue to be there for you all spiritually, mentally, and physically whenever possible!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will see you there and will ignore you in a truly British fashion! I will then ensure you follow me on a magical mystery tour behind a vw r32 with no frickin idea of where we are going! In the meantime mike2jz who has asked me for a lift will report to police that he is being held hostage. I will get the sack and we will all live happily ever after!

Look forward to catching up again!

Steve

Heading to 20th anniversary if u wish to chat :)

Nice comments there Brad, like Paul I never got chance to chat for a while just a little one near the end of the Dragonball run ....Paul wont be at the 20th because he is in Sunny spain atm, I will see you there its going to be a good turn out by the looks of it :D

Cheers

-Ian-

Heading to 20th anniversary if u wish to chat :)

Unfortunately I am away Brad but I hope to catch you at the next opportunity.

Nice comments there Brad, like Paul I never got chance to chat for a while just a little one near the end of the Dragonball run ....Paul wont be at the 20th because he is in Sunny spain atm, I will see you there its going to be a good turn out by the looks of it :D

Cheers

-Ian-

As Ian says. I am sat on the balcony with a glass of wine (no ice, so Vodka is on hold). This club is a different class and although I have thought about selling the car on numerous occasions, the thought of the quality of the car and the quality of the club remind me to be grateful.

H.

I think they said it best in WWII, Oversexed, overpaid and over here. :)

It is great to have you on the forum. Ellis explained about the coin you gave him at DB13 and that shows how much the club means to you so I hope you stick around even when they ship you out again. Hope you can make DB14.

I think they said it best in WWII, Oversexed, overpaid and over here. :)

It is great to have you on the forum. Ellis explained about the coin you gave him at DB13 and that shows how much the club means to you so I hope you stick around even when they ship you out again. Hope you can make DB14.

Plans are to hit every Dragonball possible while I'm in Europe. Although I can't ask for special treatment as I'm an outsider, I do hope there will always be a ticket available for me :D

You sir are a true gent, so I am quite sadden to hear your experiences. It could be the armed forces guys are a bit more crude but we as a club I have to agree are a fantastic bunch. You also gave me a great gift which reminds me of you each time I grab my keys, get loads of people asking me where I got it from so I just say from a good friend :)

Be ready for a huge Abzsy hug when you see me!! :D