The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2 X NA to 2JZGTE Supra swops

MR_TRD

Hey Guys,

I know its not BMW related but it is Project Shift related and i'm sure a few guys will be interested.

I'm busy with two engine swops, one on my car and one on a customers car. We both have NA Supra's with 2JZ-GE engines, his is facelift and mine is pre-facelift. :cool:

The engines are lifted from Aristo's and not Supra's so a few things will have to be changed.

I haven't recieved the second motor yet but both came with ECU's and 'almost complete' wiring looms. We will have to merge the interior part of the stock wiring loom to the engine wiring loom of the new motor. Guys have done it before but very rarely so i hope to do a full write up so guys can check it out and ask any questions.

Here is my motor being Loaded from Japan Auto:

Thanks to Bass for lending us the Cherry Picker and engine stand!

Once it was on the stand we started to strip the turbos off, i figured i may as well take them to be reconditioned as i wont be going single for a while and i would want the motor and turbos running their best during that time.

So off they came and this is what was left:

I'm now busy cleaning the turbo side of the block :taped: damn its dirty and all im using is a toothbrush. At this point i may as well be sweeping the desert :(

But i want the motor to be sparkling when she gets dropped and not have to worry about anything when it is in.

Will update you guys when things get modified and/or changed.

I have some cool plans and hopefully you guys will enjoy it as i update :eyebrows:

Hi, if you imported the engines from Japan, why not get engines from supras? direct fit then as the aristo ones take a lot of messing around....?

where in Africa are you? we have previously supplied customers over there with parts too..:)

No the company is called Japan Auto that imports the motors. I found the best two, usually they don't wiring harnesses or ecu's. getting one with both was a pre-requisite, luckily i have an electronics guru who will be able to assist with the electrics.

I asked you about the 2 igniter modules that i need for the motors but you haven't replied yet.

I'm Tony from Project shift btw...

Ah ok... yes just found the email.... the ignitor is different on the vvti engine... we dont have any of these... we have pre facelift ones in stock...

we have not got any of the bits you need (speedo cluter and pas res) as when we get the tt's in, they go complete as conversions....

Thanks Mate, do you know anyone who may have though?

The part number: 89621- 30020 i believe is for the VVTi, is this the same for the Aristo? I see it on a few lexus's but is this a different part with the same part number? had an issue with that before.

Hi Tony, hows things?

I might be over again next year so can bring parts over like last time.

I got those parts from Keron.

Hope to see you again soon.

Hey mate, great to hear from you. I'm doing great, busy on these ridiculous builds :) How things your side?

That will be great, if i need anything i will let you know :) Hopefully this time we can sit down and have a pint!

Sweet Reaper, can't wait for our cars to be turbo'd.

Guys i'm going to try get some pics and info on how the wiring harnesses will get done, the guy is a bit of a mad magician, hopefully he will let me into a bit of his knowledge.

Things have been a bit static at the moment but should get the other motor in the next 2 days and start work on it :)

Edited by MR_TRD (see edit history)

So i wasn't happy with the motor i recieved. It was dirty, so many things were cut and broken that it would have been a nightmare to sort out. I subsequently returned that motor for a refund and found EAS Imports.

Thanks to Donovan for the great service, showing us around his warehouse helping us choose motors. I paid for the motors on monday and went to go select which two i wanted. We found 2 great examples.

There was a bit of oil sweat on the tappets, quite common on supra motors. We left and were told that delivery would be monday as soon as the money reflected in his account. That afternoon he called me to say there was an issue with the one motor, so in my mind i'm thinking 'here it goes again.' Donovan told me one of his guys was cleaning the motor and saw a small dent in the sump and he was concerned with whether the motor was still to my standards.

I was so impressed guys, if you ever need a motor don't hesitate to go to EAS and speak to Donovan. Great guy and great service.

Yesterday morning this is what i recieved:

Front View:

And the ECU's and Igniters:

I have full wiring harnesses, igniter modules and ECU's as well as auto gearboxes with clutches to sell on.

Next step is to order all the parts required from overseas and start fabricating certain parts here (Intercooler pipes and so on)

My wiring guy will get to the harnesses at the end of next week, but i will update with pictures as i make parts and the big delivery arrives.

Inside the Supra ECU: (Backside)

Top side:

Checked it for any white dust, don't want any shorting...

It appears we have decided to make a patch harness that we can retail at a later stage joining the Supra body loom to the aristo ECU and loom