The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Angry pipe!!!

MarcusEJ

When pressure builds up namely when the second turbo kicks in the pipe pops off.

Ive tried changing the jubilee clip and tried silicon but nothings working.

Any tips gents?

p.s what should I search on ebay, specific pipe name?

Anybody got one spare or want to sell ?

Cheers

It never happened before, only after I took it off a couple of times to change from stock to after-market induction then on and off again to put back the stock induction.

I didn't really check what boost but its as soon as the second turbo kicks in.

The mounted intercooler is stock for a TT.

Need to get this fixed before next monday meet

Are we on about the same pipe? I'm on about the stainless steel one. It should have a raised bit, which the jubilee clip has to be on the side furthest away from the end. It's there to stop it being able to pop off.

Either way, I'd replace the black pipe for a stainless hard pipe.

Don't think we are on about the same pipe mate. did you see the piks in the beginning?

However I do agree with you about replacing the black pipe for a stainless steel one.

I did. In the first picture, you have circled the black pipe joining what looks like a stainless pipe. I'm asking if that stainless pipe has a lip on it? If so, the jubilee clip should be beyond the lip. This stops the pipe blowing off. If it hasn't got a lip, I'd replace that one too, as you may find you still get the same problem.

Strange to just have a stainless hard pipe like that on an OEM SMIC. I realise hard pipe kits like this were(are?) available.

Might be worth contacting Keron on here for an OEM plastic pipe with a lip at each end that would replace that stainless one.

The cracks you mention certainly won't be helping as it gives obvious flexibility at the pipe end where you don't want it.