The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No more rattles

Nic

Some of the roads in HK are shocking and I've been getting really pissed off lately with little rattles and squeeks that have developed, so I have just spent the last hour giving the car a good going over.

Emptied all the crap out of the boot and glove compartments, found a couple of loose bits of interior trim, tightened down my amp and secured some wires behind the dash that were rattling.

I then fixed the problem with the warning triangle coming on at speed due to lack of front spoiler.

Just been out for a drive and no more sqeeks, rattles or warning triangles... :cool:

Make sure you get the subframe bolts tightened as well. That removed a lot of my noises.

I just need to sort out my driver side speaker, which is making noises everytime I hit a slight bump in the road. I really can't be arsed taking off the door panel just to fix a screw though :zzz:

Originally posted by Nic

Some of the roads in HK are shocking and I've been getting really pissed off lately with little rattles and squeeks that have developed, so I have just spent the last hour giving the car a good going over.

Emptied all the crap out of the boot and glove compartments, found a couple of loose bits of interior trim, tightened down my amp and secured some wires behind the dash that were rattling.

I then fixed the problem with the warning triangle coming on at speed due to lack of front spoiler.

Just been out for a drive and no more sqeeks, rattles or warning triangles... :cool:

How did you sort the warning triangle mine has been on ever since my VS front was fitted ?

I still have the spoiler switch attached, it was lose though tucked away behind the stereo and the boost controller that is now in the space where it use to be. So it was just a case of ripping the dash apart finding the switch and pressing the off button, then putting the dash back together.