The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto BPU Demand (FeelerThread)

SPG

Just wondering if there is any demand out there for someone looking specifically for a BPU Auto-TT?

I am thinking about the possibility of letting my Black Facelift Auto-BPU Supra for sale (non VVTi), but I want to know if there is any point in selling/is there demand, I have a lot of nice parts on this Supra.

This Supra is and has been my Pride and Joy since early 2000's and after nearly a decade of ownership I have slowly upgraded her with parts which I feel are in line with "future proofing", by this I mean that if I were to upgrade to a more serious level of tune (Single Turbo) then parts such as Exhaust and Intake Mods would be usable.

I am only considering this move due to a home deposit, this sale will not be the decider between making my target amount or not, but it would act as more of a financial cushion on which Me and my Wife could depend on if things were difficult. For this reason and the reason that I love this car and do not really want to let it go, I am looking to see whether there are any real buyers out there who would be able to afford a well spec'd Auto TT, not as a second option to a Manual, but for the fact that they want a Auto BPU!

I will refrain from putting a spec up for now, as this thread is just to find out the market and whether I should bother making this vehicle available, all thoughts are welcome.

I went from bpu tt6 to my auto bpu and I love the auto bpu more if I'm honest. There great cars! I think a lot of people don't rate them because they have never driven one or driven one in anger. Sunny that car is beautiful a real credit to you hope you get the right buyer if you do decide to let it go.

I've had a facelift RZ-S vvti tiptronic, then went backwards to a pre facelift rz 6 speed.

Now I am in the process of buying a facelift auto, yours certainly sounds very nice judging by the description.

Price is always the deciding factor these days in my opinion.

Drool!

I'd love a well spec'd BPU auto such as yours or Adam Littlers!

I went from bpu tt6 to my auto bpu and I love the auto bpu more if I'm honest. There great cars! I think a lot of people don't rate them because they have never driven one or driven one in anger. Sunny that car is beautiful a real credit to you hope you get the right buyer if you do decide to let it go.

Of course their would, two sold recently dude!!

Honestly take my advice & put it up for sale, you are better off being in a good financial position with this house move... trust me.

Not like you are short of Supra's :D

Thanks you guys :thumbs:, its certainly not going to be a happy sale, but to be honest in my years of ownership the needle has only moved from 39,000 when I bought her, to her current resting mileage of 59,000ish, Oil and fluids have been changed 7 times, in that time :D.

I must admit that the financial net is something that I have been thinking about more and more. Abz as for the other cars, I will be keeping one Supra out of the fleet, and hopefully the focus will all be on that one.

Little Pic in case anyone doesn't know her :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=173738&stc=1&d=1376600005

attachment.php?attachmentid=173739&stc=1&d=1376600005

attachment.php?attachmentid=173740&stc=1&d=1376600247

shiqwanda re-size.jpg

shiqwanda resize.jpg

SHIQ.jpg

HA HA HA that's cute Jazz!!!

im guessing in 2004 you were still in the lab at AREA-51, at which point I was running these Rims........WORD! :D

Edited by SPG (see edit history)