The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bov

Richienoble

I've got an ssqv lying around somewhere too. It's pretty much the only aftermarket DV I would put on a TT, the optional vanes give a good choice of sound (when that's your thing).

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you guys buying your HKS BOVs from?

Ebay are full of Hong Kong specials. I want 'peace of mind' they'll be originals.

I got mine from ebay. I could just tell, I used the force :)

Wish I had your special forces Scott. :search:

I guess I'll keep my flies open on ebay.

When I say force, I mean I check the feedback vs the price. I then make an educated guess before tossing a coin to confirm said educated guess, if they both agree (educated guess and fortune) then the force is strong with that seller. If not, then it's time to find another.

Daver +1 i got a turbosmart, like the sound slightly better then the hks ( my opinion ) :innocent:

HKS has options though, 4 IIRC.

I wasn't a fan of the iconic whistle sound so I went with a purple fin which gives the full on whoosh. There is a gold one that I haven't heard and taking out the fin altogether is a quieter whoosh.

Different horses for courses though, most will prefer what they have... that's generally why they got it :)

because of the design of the HKS its one of the best BOV's you can buy and something i recommend to alot of people. The more boost you run the more it'll push onto its seal to help with leaks opposed to alot of other designs where the more boost will try to lift the piston and create a leak.

Some people don't like the high pitched noise of the HKS but you can swap out the sound insert on the end to give a more deeper tone "woosh" commonly associated with Bovs

Tim

HKS has options though, 4 IIRC.

I wasn't a fan of the iconic whistle sound so I went with a purple fin which gives the full on whoosh. There is a gold one that I haven't heard and taking out the fin altogether is a quieter whoosh.

Different horses for courses though, most will prefer what they have... that's generally why they got it :)

The gold one is just a "bling" version of the standard unit, it doesn't alter the sound at all. If you wish to run without an insert gut the standard one. as the outside edge of the insert it actually the base plate for the sealant ring. So running with one completely removed can effect the units ability to seal on boost

Tim

Where are you guys buying your HKS BOVs from?

Ebay are full of Hong Kong specials. I want 'peace of mind' they'll be originals.

Got mine from Dude, or Dnk. I can't remember.

The blitz one makes a good sound heard a few of them good strong dump noise at hard boost but quiet at light boost

I used to have a Blitz, sold it on here not too long ago. The huge WHOOOOOSSSHHHHHH sound it made always made me think of little chavs and their GTI's. Hence why I went for an SSQV instead.

When I say force, I mean I check the feedback vs the price. I then make an educated guess before tossing a coin to confirm said educated guess, if they both agree (educated guess and fortune) then the force is strong with that seller. If not, then it's time to find another.

See, you have logic. I'm not equipped with that.

Also, was dealt a bad hand when god distributed 'fortune'.

My toast always lands butter side down, and I don't even use butter. :(

Cheers Scott. Don't want to mess you around too much buddy, as I'm not currently in a position to be able to spend on the Supra.

But come next payday,... maybe ;)

How readily available are the fitting kits?,... I'm off to research.

Thanks for the reply Scott.

Much appreciated :)

No worries mate, it's sat on a shelf for over a year so I wouldn't worry about timing of it all. Not sure on the fitting kits, I would definitely recommend welding it on to the intercooler pipe though. The one that goes from the tubby's to the intercooler intake is the best one for performance. Weld on fitting kit included :)