The mkiv Supra Owners Club

strut brace!!!

MarcusEJ

My two favourites have to be the TRD Strut Brace and the Carbing.

TRD = Nice heavy solid construction and looks nice.

Carbing = Probably the best Strut brace available, looks awesome in all Ally, Light yet strong and has the added advantage of a Brake Master Cylinder support, which makes a reassuring change to the peddle feel.

You could start a Wanted thread on here, or have a look in the trader section bud :)

You will get access to the Classifieds section once you have purchased a full membership, which costs a measly £10

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

I have yet to see a commercial one that's more than a bauble, to be honest. They really need triangulating back to some proper pick up point on the bulkhead as helping resist the lozenging of the car needs triangulation to absorb the vector forces. There used to be a really nice commercial one for Skylines, but without triangulation, so ultimately it was flawed from the get up and go, but it was strong and well designed. You'd be better off calling at one of the roll cage manufacturers and have them knock something decent up forom decent seamless tube with proper load spreaders, then have it powder coated. Decent strut braces are often ugly :)

I think they were only ever manufactured in the Greene sort of colour, you could always add to the longevity of the bar by powder coating it whichever colour you desire, as you stated.

There are chrome versions knocking about and MVP stock a full titanium version for those of us who want that "race car" look and price :thumbs:

I have yet to see a commercial one that's more than a bauble, to be honest. They really need triangulating back to some proper pick up point on the bulkhead as helping resist the lozenging of the car needs triangulation to absorb the vector forces. There used to be a really nice commercial one for Skylines, but without triangulation, so ultimately it was flawed from the get up and go, but it was strong and well designed. You'd be better off calling at one of the roll cage manufacturers and have them knock something decent up forom decent seamless tube with proper load spreaders, then have it powder coated. Decent strut braces are often ugly :)

Remind me to remove my brace next time I come for a service Chris :D

:iagree:

It is astonishing how much useless crap is sold for Japanese cars. It really is.

It is astonishing how much useless crap is sold for Japanese cars. It really is.

It is astonishing how much useless crap is sold *PERIOD* :)

An acquaintance at the pub was telling me they'd just bought a new shower with a video screen and speakers in it. Jeez, I knew he was morally suspect, in a consumerist sort of way, but I never knew quite how bad it was until he told me that ;)

i have yet to see a commercial one that's more than a bauble, to be honest. They really need triangulating back to some proper pick up point on the bulkhead as helping resist the lozenging of the car needs triangulation to absorb the vector forces. There used to be a really nice commercial one for skylines, but without triangulation, so ultimately it was flawed from the get up and go, but it was strong and well designed. You'd be better off calling at one of the roll cage manufacturers and have them knock something decent up forom decent seamless tube with proper load spreaders, then have it powder coated. Decent strut braces are often ugly :)

agreed