The mkiv Supra Owners Club

th Anniversary Meet at Heritage Motor Centre - 26th August - Convoy any one?

marbleapple

I'll be 'tootling' down with Marc_p to this and just wondered if there were any Yorkshire folk that fancied meeting up and convoying on the way down? I'll be listening to my 'Best of Glee' album.

Subject to Marc's thoughts (and depending on start time) I might try get us to the Falcon in time to join the main convoy.

Guys when you arrive at the Museum please try & park in colour co-ordination!!

I know it can be a pain in the arse to manage this but I though it would look awesome for a photo opportunity, especially as we could be having a magazine or two there ;)

The car park at the museum holds 100 cars so we got plenty of space to do this.

Find a car the same colour & park right next to it, if you don't find your colour then start a new area... simples ;)

For those with non stock colours I'd like you all to be together in the mixed bag of haribo's :)

lads I am coming down so I will convoy, when/what time are people setting off?

I'll be joining the M1 from Batley/Dewsbury.

Abz that might be difficult for me, not many purple cars on the forum :p

Pretty sure their is a couple dude :p

I'll be joining the M1 from doncaster & I've just had a quick look and if we were too meet at Woodhall services on the M1 we would be 1 hour 30ish from the main convoy at the falcon.

Not sure who else were meant to be meeting up with on the way, So not sure what time would be best to meet?

What time do we have to be at the venue?? Its a good 2.5 hours to the venue from Huddersfield.

Google maps is showing fastest route is via A1 but only faster by a few minutes, I cba with the round abouts so its the M1 for me.

Someone should make a map on the main thread with local meeting points and times then hopefully everyone will see eachother on the way there...

Woodhall services sounds like a plan...

Woodall Services sounds like a plan.

Why don't we wait till closer to the day before confirming an exact time. Wait to see if things change etc.

We want to arrive in plenty of time for our breakfast at the Falcon and the convoy that follows. Breakfast is from 8.30-10 but in reality the latest we want to be there is 9.30 or we risk no breakfast. Tempted to suggest we aim to arrive there for 9? Some leeway then and more time to admire the cars.

Edited by marbleapple (see edit history)

Woodall Services sounds like a plan.

Why don't we wait till closer to the day before confirming an exact time. Wait to see if things change etc.

We want to arrive in plenty of time for our breakfast at the Falcon and the convoy that follows. Breakfast is from 8.30-10 but in reality the latest we want to be there is 9.30 or we risk no breakfast. Tempted to suggest we aim to arrive there for 9? Some leeway then and more time to admire the cars.

Agreed.

Its approx 1.5 hours to the venue from those services. I suggest everyones cars are fuelled up the night before.

If nothing changes then to get there for 9, we would need to meet and leave no later than 730am.

Edited by supra_ufo (see edit history)

Agreed.

Its approx 1.5 hours to the venue from those services. I suggest everyones cars are fuelled up the night before.

If nothing changes then to get there for 9, we would need to meet and leave no later than 730am.

That sounds like a plan.

Just need to figure out who were picking up on the way.

We could track eachother+rest of the other convoys using the Latify Lite App, you login with a gmail account and when the app is running it will give you a URL of your location which updates every minute. Everyone will have to post their unique URL, to make it less confusing it might be worth selecting certain convoy leaders to only post their URL... That way you can see where people are without calling them, or know when to speed up or slow down to catch up with other people. Thoughts?

I need a bloody iphone 5 car charger now lol

We could track eachother+rest of the other convoys using the Latify Lite App, you login with a gmail account and when the app is running it will give you a URL of your location which updates every minute. Everyone will have to post their unique URL, to make it less confusing it might be worth selecting certain convoy leaders to only post their URL... That way you can see where people are without calling them, or know when to speed up or slow down to catch up with other people. Thoughts?

I need a bloody iphone 5 car charger now lol

Or we could just meet at a service station! :D

C12MMO has timings about right I think. Just think we should wait till mid week in case club plans change etc

I've spoke to Tom (T-BONE) and were meeting at half 6 about half hour from Woodall services so should be there just after 7.

Will pm you my mobile number Ric

Thanks Karl

Great. Pm'd you with mine :)

Sounds good mate.

Hopefully myself and Iky will be there around that time.

Perfect. See you then :)