The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Connecting subwoofer to the Fuelpump feed?

Thomas.B

do you mean run the fuel pumps and sub on the same line/ fuse? if so when you have got it up loud with lots of bass there could be a chance that the fuel pumps would not get enough power and risk running weak, and the engine going bang in time with your sub? I would run separate wire for sub. don't get me wrong but your post said you have two walbro pumps and assume that you are running a single turbo? and in my eyes anyone who can fit a single turbo (properly)etc doesn't need to ask this sort of question? regards chris.

Twice in 5 minutes I'm agreeing with Johnny.

Take a 0 gauge wire with an inline 50 amp fuse straight from the battery, straight into the amp. It's tried and tested, and you won't get problems.

Run the wire through the firewall, down along the passenger door at the bottom (under the trim), behind the rear quarter trim (or under the rear seats) and into the amp. Nice and tidy :)

Edited by listy (see edit history)

There is already a feed well equipt for the fuel pumps. They have a separate fuse of 30A, I was thinkin of sharing the feed and use a smaller fuse (25A) for the AMP.

I asked as I do not know how much power the walbro's need, I also have a 180amp alternator so I am not really concerned about power issues more if the feed is big enough.

But you guys are correct as usual, I was trying to be lazy and as nothing else has been looked over why start now...

cheers :)

its a double no,

1, you could drain the fuel pump feed and run lean or even over load and trip the fuse and brake down.

2. the amp will amp the noise in the power line of the fuel pumps (you should know this as its common of the alernator doing the same thing)

Dont be lazy just do it right and there will be less problems to deal with later

Just NO! Run a dedicated power wire straight to your amp. It's gonna be a hard job, but worth it. Use 0 gauge and if you have any upgrades in future, you're prepared.

Why is it a hard job? I got my whole system set up (minus fine tuning) in about an hour. But then, I know what I'm doing.

As I said, once the cable is connected to the battery, it's just a case of hiding it behind the trim.